Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load of Infoprovider by Transformation - Source: Query

xient
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I try to create a new transformation. The source has to be a query. So I select "Query Elem" and use the F4 help. There is my newly created Query.

But each time I try to accept an error occurs with this statement:

Transformation does not exist (see long text)

Message no. RSTRAN010

Diagnosis

The transformation specified by transformation ID , source  and target , does not exist.

This is a stupid error message as try to create exactly that transformation. Has anyone an idea? Within the OSS I couldn't a hint on this.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Yavuz

PS: Our system: BW on HANA 7.3 SP08

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post this question in http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-bw-hana

Are you trying to create APD by based on your Query? How are you able to see Query elements as Source while creating transformation?

xient
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I assume that this came with BW Systems release 7.3 but I'm not sure. Nevertheless it is possible to create transformations and DTPs directly on Query Elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mark "query as infoprovider" in RSRT query properties, you can use it as infoprovider.

Please see the following link for restrictions: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/c347cd494650e9e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in my test system and it is working fine. May be some issue with the system. Perhaps basis can help on that.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yavuz,

You need to create the DTP directly. It will automatically generate a transformation.

Regards,

Volkan

xient
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Volkan,

thank you for your answer. Interesting, that a DTP also can be created directly on a Query. I didn't know this. But, again, I have the same issue. There is no difference ... crazy.

What is your experience in this? Did you already create such DTPs or Transformations? Which systems release do you have?!

Teşekkürler, Yavuz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yavuz,

As I told earlier, when it generates the transformation automatically. You can modify it afterwards, but you gotta start the process by creating the DTP.

Did you tried to use F4 help after pasting the query name? Because it requires UID of the query as input. You can directly paste the UID OR paste the query name, use F4 help and get the UID from there either.

Hope this helps.

Volkan