Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs are scheduling with SAP_CcmsJob

former_member587730
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately, someone has scheduled jobs used standard template definition as is sap_ccmsjob and I want to rectify this mistake.

As I can see the biggest threat is there is no retention I can see there. I can see the count of completed jobs is 5000+ jobs, I can see same template jobs in Unkown,Held,Error status.

I am thinking to schedule all these jobs in proper way with retention defined but how can I do the clean up of completed jobs as the number is too high.

Any pointer would be helpful.

One doubt - sap_ccmsjob I never used before and do not understand the what is the purpose, as description is too short. What I can understand from template description is it is being used to monitor SAP jobs.

completed-jobs-snap.pngjob-snap.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Gerben said, you can use System_RemoveOldJobs to remove old processes or jobs.

Best practices advise to remove any unused parameters from the definition (for which you are happy to use the defaults).

Remember to register for your 9.2.9 training environment and take Redwood university courses, free as free lunch for SAP CPS and SAP BPA customers, no questions asked, go here!

former_member587730
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

If I remove the jobs in one go with System_RemoveOldJobs will there be any adverse impact on my prod environment?

Will this take care jobs files removal as well? or I have to do something else to remove the jobs files.

System_RemoveDeletedJobFiles I can see this template. Do I need to use this one after removing old jobs?

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System_RemoveDeletedJobFiles is scheduled to run regularly and will clean up any files for which jobs have been deleted. So there is nothing else to do provided you have scheduled replacement jobs for the deleted ones.

Bets regards,

HP

former_member587730
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Regarding training

Remember to register for your 9.2.9 training environment and take Redwood university courses, free as free lunch for SAP CPS and SAP BPA customers, no questions asked, go here!

I have tried multiple times in past to facilitate the training to my team with above way but no response from Redwood post registering.

Any specific approach needed here to get the free basic training from Redwood. May be Gerben g.blom can shade light on this.

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should just be able to run System_RemoveOldJobs against that definition.

Regards Gerben