cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iViews meeting Portal Runtime Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are suddenly encountering errors (Portal Runtime Error) in all iViews that are linked to a system object to connect to R/3 or BI servers. THus, it affects iViews that are made up of the following templates:

- SAP HTML GUI iView (uses system alias SAP_ECC)

- SAP WIN GUI iView (uses system alias SAP_ECC)

- BW iView (uses system alias SAP_BI)

- Web Dynpro ABAP iView (uses system alias SAP_ECC)

I have eliminated that it is not:

- Problem with the R/3 or BI servers

- Problem with ITS (since we can access sap transactions using its URL)

- Problem with our configuration in the system objects (as nothing was changed in the past month)

Error in logs indicate it is to do with system landscape.

ava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.portal.pcm.system.ISystemsExtended.getGUIDForDefaultAlias(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.usermapping.EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.getUniqueKeyForAliasInternal(EPSystemLandscapeWrapper.java:292)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.usermapping.EPSystemObjectWrapper.getUniqueKey(EPSystemObjectWrapper.java:57)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingUtils.getMappingAttributeName(UserMappingUtils.java:301)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingDataImp.getLogonDataForSystem(UserMappingDataImp.java:1228)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMappingDataImp.<init>(UserMappingDataImp.java:143)

at com.sap.security.core.umap.imp.UserMapping.getUserMappingData(UserMapping.java:347)

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.accessor.ume.UMEAccessor.getTicket(UMEAccessor.java:97)

at

Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded! Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhemin,

Your trace indicate that you are using user mapping for all the systems.

Just check whether the user/password defined in Portal & that of the backend servers are in Sync.

Regards,

Santhosh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue finally resolved!.. It was indeed due to the component that was deployed. We had enlisted SAP to provide us the original component with the same SP as our system and redeployed it. Thanks all.. helpful points given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

We are using ABAP data source as our UME. And i've checked that the user id and password for both portal and backend are the same.

Hi Michael,

While that is high on my list of possible suspects, I wouldn't dismiss any other probable causes as well. But we are indeed already following up with SAP to see if they can resolve it. In the meantime, I am also exploring other possible solutions or workaround due to the urgency placed on this.

THanks,

Zm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have already checked on that but the system alias are definitely unique and no changes have been made to any system objects.

1 significant event that happened was we had deployed a systemlandscape portal component (com.sapportals.iviewserver.systemlandscape.sda) that was advised by SAP to fix an issue. I had highly suspected that that was the cause of our error and had undeployed it via SDM and restarted portal server but the error still persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SAP gave you an SDA that you think is a problem, then you should go back to them about it. Undeploying may not have been the best idea. That might have removed something unexpected...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like an alias has got lost, or somehow you have ended up with the same alias going to two different systems. Please go through each of your systems in the portal system landscape editor and make sure the aliases make sense.