cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSMobile Sound ~message line ~messagetype

robc300
Explorer

All,

My end goal is to play different sounds based on the Message Type (Error, Success..etc) via RF devices. I've narrowed down my issue to the Internet Service ITSMOBILE. The file is INCLUDE/SOUND. My RF device is able to play sound however it seems when this file is called it is bypassing to the NOTIFY_BELL_SIGNAL. I determined the IF statement below is failing due to the first IF statement ~messageline.

`if ( ( ~messageline != "" ) && ( ~itsmobilemsgsound == "1" ) || ( ~currdynpro.messagesound != "" ) )

If I modify the sound file to this:

`if ( ( ~itsmobilemsgsound == "1" ) || ( ~currdynpro.messagesound != "" ) )

it proceeds into the child IF statements however still fails and heads to the "message type not set" part of that code. It plays beep.wav successfully however my goal would be to play sounds/all/decode.wav as seen in ~messagetype == "E" line of code.

The ABAP coding is calling the error using a message class:

MESSAGE e026(zmessage_outb).

Has anyone ran into this? My knowledge is limited around ITSMobile as I continue to learn so any guidance anyone has would be extremely helpful to me.

Thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member620347
Participant

Dear,

Solution is done by using <audio> tag in Google Chrome.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide more details on how you resolved? I am also new to ITSMOBILE and trying to bring sound for error messages for RF device.

I have copied CTERM_SOUND from standard template to my custom ZITSMOBILE which has HTML templates for standard RFUI transactions.

DO i have to modify or update the code anywhere and how to get this tested in chrome/IE browser.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

JP

Hi Rob,

please show the HTML source code of the page from your last screen (where the E: Enter values... message is displayed). You can send it to me directly over email, thanks.

Best regards,

Alexander Pohoyda

SAP SE, ITS & ITSmobile Development Team

robc300
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I have sent the HTML source code attachment via email. Please let me know if you have received.

Thanks,

Rob

arunramachandran
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@alexander.pohoyda , i also have a similar issue , the sound is triggered on some system but not on other , even though the setting are the same as we are using the same application .

Is there something which needs to be checked ?

0 Kudos

@arun: what do you mean by the "system" ? Different SAP systems, or different handheld devices?

arunramachandran
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@alexander.pohoyda In my case it is different systems.

Also now i face a case when the JS file is not loaded , even though the GUI parameters there , is there some thing to be done in the system?

former_member620347
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

We are looking to implement the sound on a Google Chrome.

As the above information is more linked to IE and sounds, would you have information on how to enable them on Google Chrome.

We saw CETERM_SOUND needs to be used instead of BGSOUND, but we are stuck after that... we dont receive any sound from the browser.

We assigned it in the service parameter, ~ITSMOBILESOUNDINCLUDE.

We also copied CETERM_SOUND from ITSMOBILE01 to our service.

But no sound...

Please can you give some information...

Thank you

Martin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Can you share the SAP_BASIS version and SP level of the system?

Then I will try to find something in this matter.

Regards,

Cris

robc300
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Thank you for your assistance. I'm running 750 SP 0010.

Rob

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Please also share kernel version and patch level .

Thanks,

Cris

robc300
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kernel Release = 749

Patch Level = 401

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I was discussing this case with a colleague.

Using MESSAGE e001(xxx). is correct.

Those two variables are closely related, meaning that if for some reason the ~messageline is NOT set, then ~messagetype is not set either. Fiddling with the template will not help, so you should revert that change.

We have to find out why ~messageline is not set.

First, please try the itsmobile03 test service, calling it like this:

https://<FQDN>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/test/mobile/itsmobile03/!

On the second page there is a test case 514 MESSAGE, select the radio button and press STRT button.

Now, selecting different message types should bring different icons and sounds.

Please let us know whether it works for you.

Thanks,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Another detail: testing the service via Firefox or Chrome the sound will not work, as the BGSOUND tag used in ITSmobile is not supported.

If you use another browser (IE11), you can see that the correct wav file is used.

Regards,

Cris

robc300
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

I was able to test the itsmobile03 service. By clicking on the buttons I was able to hear different tones based on different message types.

One thing I did notice was the message display is displayed different on this service than what I have.

Test service:

My screen:

Could this be the issue?

-Rob

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I don't think the way the message is displayed would play a role here.

Could you check the templates used in itsmobile03 and see whether you can use a similar pattern in your application?

Kind regards,

Cris