cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface mapping problem/question

Former Member
0 Kudos
81

I am trying a very very simple webservice implementation, and still I do not succeed :-((

I have done all definition for the data types, message types, message interfaces and message mappings. The last step is to create the interface mapping.

I have a simple webservice which can increment an integer, (whow!!), and now I want to use it from a client app, via XI, just as the calculator example in Siva Maranani's Blog (Invoke Webservices using SAPXI).

Creating the Interface Mapping I do:

Source Interface: the Counter_Output_MI

Target Interface: the Counter_Input_MI

Then I press the Read Interfaces button.

In the Request Tab the source message is populated with the Counter_Output_MT, while I expected the Input Message Type.

I checked and rechecked everything a hundred times, but I can not find what I did wrong....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

you need to change the Message Types (in Input und Output Category)in Message Interface Counter_Output_MI. After that don't forget do insert Message Mappings in the Interface Mapping in Request and Response tab.

That should work.

Daniel

Don't forget to reward points!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So... I have to set Input_MT as output message and vice versa...???

But why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because, your Input_MT which is the incoming Message within your Outbound-Interface (means that, what is sent to XI from your Client) is named weird in the Message-Interface. I know, that's confusing in the beginning, but try to think of it, like this...

In your Outbound-Interface you need to name 2 Messages

the first is "incoming" the second ist "outcoming"

So the first one (with weird name OUTPUT) is the Incoming-Message Input_MT, the second one is Output_MT..

O.k.?

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I am thinking I understand it...

Maybe it would be a good idea to use other names. Something like Counter_Arguments_MT and Counter_Result_MT.

The Int. Repository looks okay now.

On to the next step...

I am a .Net developer for many years, and using webservices is a click-and-go mechanism in Visual Studio. Compared to that the XI system looks very over-complicated.

Thanks so far.

Message was edited by: Jan van Veldhuizen

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

First check with your Message Types(Source and Target).

Also check with Message Interface (Outbound Interface for Source Message type and Inbound Interface for Target Message Type). Then check with Mapping and then go and create a Interface mapping for Outbound Interface and Inbound Interface.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the MI you have created.. I think you might have reversed the MT (Source and target).

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

if I get you right - you need to map input to output..

not the other direction like you did (looks like that)!

Counter_Input_MI(the client request with the input data: Counter_Input_MT) -map2-

Counter_Output_MI (the server response with the Counter_Output_MT)

Read the interfaces again and the message types should be in right order..

If that shouldn't help, please provide your MI's Export from XI and the name of you MM (so that it becomes more clear)

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made <a href="http://www.janjoker.nl/docs/CounterWebservice.pdf">screen prints</a>.

It must be some little mistake, but I cannot find it.

Set the page view to 125% to view the screens at size.