cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration BO with Oracle Essbase???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

We have BO system, & we want to connect that system with Essbase (Oracle Hyperion 11.1.2 ).

kindly send me the complete link for that integration

or download driver link that can connect the Bo system..according to some fourms.

thanks,

Regards,

Ishtiaq.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A link to a document about configure the middleware in case you haven't seen it:

Title: Recommendations for Configuring Essbase Middleware
Link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20ced5cb-cf3e-2f10-d383-b2ba0908e5f7

Hope this helps

Janet

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See also sample queries and analysis with Essbase in this article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0d486e9-e124-2f10-b3b7-f5a7a1c46e24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed FP3 & Essbase server/client. I created a test essbase olap connection through IDT and connection works fine. When I tried creating a business layer on the same connection I am getting the below error message-

ErrorCode: 4

Message: Cannot connect to olap service. Cannot connect to Essbase Server. Error:Essbase Error(1042003): Network Error [11001]: Unable To Locate [[hostname]] In Hosts File

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it, Please ignore my last query posted on Apr 11, 2012 8:16 PM              

Thanks for all help!

0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Even I am getting the same issue:

Cannot load library: OlapClient_Essbase.dll (WIS 00000)

What exactly is the missing configuration here? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

No luck so far. We have opened a case with SAP..Yet to get the issue resolved. Shall share findings once it gets resolved for us,

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is this error message coming from the webI rich client?

If so then, kindly follow the steps:

BIP Client Tools on 64-bit MS Windows

1. Install Oracle EPM System 11.1.2.1 and select “Essbase/Essbase Client” during installation.
  2. Install the BIP Client Tools.
  3. Set the following environment variables:

o ESSBASEPATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0

o PATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\bin-32;%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin;%PATH%

Note: The Essbase bin path must be added at the beginning of the PATH environment variable, because the Oracle client installed can interfere with the Oracle Essbase 11 client installation directory. If you have not installed the Oracle client on the machine, the bin path can be added at the end of PATH.

4. Copy the 3 following JAR files from the Oracle Essbase client installation directory to the java\lib BIP Client Tools installation directory. This ensures that hierarchy levels are determined spontaneously in the Query Panel and can be selected in the query.

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\_vpddb\Gen1\engine\1.0\library\ojdl.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_japi.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_es_server.jar

Below one is for 32-bit Win client.

1. Install Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System 11.1.2.1 and select “Essbase/Essbase Client” during installation.

2. Install the BIP Client Tools.

3. Set the following environment variables:

o ESSBASEPATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0

o PATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\bin;%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin;%PATH%

4. Copy the 3 following JAR files from the Oracle Essbase client installation directory to the java\lib BIP installation directory. This ensures that hierarchy levels are determined spontaneously in the Query Panel and can be selected in the query.

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\_vpddb\Gen1\engine\1.0\library\ojdl.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_japi.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_es_server.jar

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Namita Agrawal