cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration BO with Oracle Essbase???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

We have BO system, & we want to connect that system with Essbase (Oracle Hyperion 11.1.2 ).

kindly send me the complete link for that integration

or download driver link that can connect the Bo system..according to some fourms.

thanks,

Regards,

Ishtiaq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same query. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is possible.  Hyperion 9 and 11  are both supported, via Analysis-for-OLAP (previously Voyager)   and WebIntelligence using .UNX universe

Please check out Feature Pack 03 (sp03) for BI 4.0

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a step by step document on it.. I have installed hyperion foundation ,essbase server, client (Oracle Essbase Release 11.1.2.1.0) still I don't see the olap middleware driver in IDT when trying to create a OLAP connection to essbase. Any idea?

Thanks,

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What version are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SAP business objects 4.0 installed.

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, that's no enough to go on.

As a minimum, you have to be on SP02 Patch2.5.  Latest available on SP02 codeline is Patch2.14

As i referenced above, these drivers come about with the advent of Feature Pack 03 (sp03) for BI 4.0. Certainly in IDT for UNX universes anyhow.

Regards,

H

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here is a screenshot of the new Essbase 11 driver in IDT 4.0 Feature Pack 3 which is in ramp up at the moment..

See how the Essbase Business Layer looks like in IDT.

See also a sample WebI document on the Essbase UNX Universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc and Henry for your quick responses! Do you mean that in FP3 we along with the essbase driver , we shall have sample essbase to which we can create olap connection and build universes? Or Do I need to install hyperionfoundation, essbase server , client in order to test BI4.0 connectivity to essbase? I am in process of installing FP3 now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

If you have more info on FP3 Essbase integration,please share. Thanks for all help in advance!

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

no sample db, just new code in our applications to be able to consume this source via their middleware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed FB3 & Essbase server/client. I created a test essbase olap connection through IDT and connection works fine. When I tried creating a business layer on the same connection I am getting the below error message-

ErrorCode: 4

Message: Cannot connect to olap service. Cannot connect to Essbase Server. Error:Essbase Error(1042003): Network Error [11001]: Unable To Locate [[hostname]] In Hosts File

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed FP3 & Essbase server/client. I created a test essbase olap connection through IDT and connection works fine. When I tried creating a business layer on the same connection I am getting the below error message-

Message: Cannot connect to olap service. Cannot connect to Essbase Server. Error:Essbase Error(1042003): Network Error [11001]: Unable To Locate [[hostname]] In Hosts File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now after all the work done; I am getting the below eror message when I try creating a webi report on essbase cube-

Cannot load library: OlapClient_Essbase.dll (WIS 00000)

I have business objects server , client and essbase on same machine-windows 2008 R2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This message occurs when there is an issue with the set up of the Essbase middleware and environment variables. I suggest you double check the following recommandations at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20ced5cb-cf3e-2f10-d383-b2ba0908e5f7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the document. This is the same document which was posted earlier and I had gone through it. Few doubts-

1. My windows 2008 R2 64 bit server has both BI 4.0 FP3 client tools and server installed. It also has oracle 11.1.2.1 installed. Not sure which Essbasepath and path variable value to use with my above configuration.

2. Also, I have placed the .jar files at the specified location.

Any pointers?Thanks for all help!

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you share your environment variables in a txt file?

CMD

set >myenv.txt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the system variables-

APS_HOME  C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\aps

ComSpec %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

EPM_ORACLE_HOME C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1

ESSBASEPATH EPM_ORACLE_HOME\common\EssbaseRTC-64\11.1.2.0

ESSLANG English_UnitedStates.Latin1@Binary

FP_NO_HOST_CHECK NO

HYPERION_HOME C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS 1

ORACLE_HOME

OS Windows_NT

PATH EPM_ORACLE_HOME\bin; EPM_ORACLE_HOME\common\EssbaseRTC-64\11.1.2.0\bin;PATH

PATHEXT .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

PERL5LIB

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE AMD64

PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel

PROCESSOR_LEVEL 6

PROCESSOR_REVISION 1a05

PSModulePath %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\

TEMP %SystemRoot%\TEMP

TMP %SystemRoot%\TEMP

TNS_ADMIN C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora

USERNAME SYSTEM

windir %SystemRoot%

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

We have been able to create a connection in the idt tool to essbase 11.1.1.3 and have successfully created a business layer and webi report on top. We are using bo 4.0 sp5.

However we are unable to connect analysis for Olap to this same connection. We has contacted sap support who told us that analysis for Olap on essbase connection is not supported and will only be available in bo 4.1.

We were previously able to get voyager to connect so I find it strange that sap are now telling us under 4.0 that essbase is no longer supported.

Has anybody got analysis for Olap working on an essbase cube?

Many thanks,

Garrick

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, Voyager was OK for Hyperion Essbase v8 and 9, if memory serves me correct.

Indeed, I can confirm that this feature wont be delivered in A-OLAP until 4.1 . 

Here's the enhancement request https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9AE8C74A-8E80-46B3-B375-6ED0DB92DA2B&idea_i... - confirmation there is from a product owner.

Regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A link to a document about configure the middleware in case you haven't seen it:

Title: Recommendations for Configuring Essbase Middleware
Link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20ced5cb-cf3e-2f10-d383-b2ba0908e5f7

Hope this helps

Janet

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See also sample queries and analysis with Essbase in this article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0d486e9-e124-2f10-b3b7-f5a7a1c46e24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed FP3 & Essbase server/client. I created a test essbase olap connection through IDT and connection works fine. When I tried creating a business layer on the same connection I am getting the below error message-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it, Please ignore my last query posted on Apr 11, 2012 8:16 PM              

Thanks for all help!

0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Even I am getting the same issue:

Cannot load library: OlapClient_Essbase.dll (WIS 00000)

What exactly is the missing configuration here? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

No luck so far. We have opened a case with SAP..Yet to get the issue resolved. Shall share findings once it gets resolved for us,

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is this error message coming from the webI rich client?

If so then, kindly follow the steps:

BIP Client Tools on 64-bit MS Windows

1. Install Oracle EPM System 11.1.2.1 and select “Essbase/Essbase Client” during installation.
  2. Install the BIP Client Tools.
  3. Set the following environment variables:

o ESSBASEPATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0

o PATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\bin-32;%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin;%PATH%

Note: The Essbase bin path must be added at the beginning of the PATH environment variable, because the Oracle client installed can interfere with the Oracle Essbase 11 client installation directory. If you have not installed the Oracle client on the machine, the bin path can be added at the end of PATH.

4. Copy the 3 following JAR files from the Oracle Essbase client installation directory to the java\lib BIP Client Tools installation directory. This ensures that hierarchy levels are determined spontaneously in the Query Panel and can be selected in the query.

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\_vpddb\Gen1\engine\1.0\library\ojdl.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_japi.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_es_server.jar

Below one is for 32-bit Win client.

1. Install Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System 11.1.2.1 and select “Essbase/Essbase Client” during installation.

2. Install the BIP Client Tools.

3. Set the following environment variables:

o ESSBASEPATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0

o PATH=%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\bin;%EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin;%PATH%

4. Copy the 3 following JAR files from the Oracle Essbase client installation directory to the java\lib BIP installation directory. This ensures that hierarchy levels are determined spontaneously in the Query Panel and can be selected in the query.

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\_vpddb\Gen1\engine\1.0\library\ojdl.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_japi.jar

o %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\common\EssbaseJavaAPI\11.1.2.0\lib\ess_es_server.jar

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Namita Agrawal