Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between mySAP and CRM using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody give me options to do following task:

Creating a sales order in CRM system using XI, Source:IDOC from mySAP ERP system. Lets say CRM running on WAS 6.40.

Thanks

Navin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This information is really needed when you use proxies/idocs.You contact the basis team and they should help you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveen..

You need to write client and server proxies.

Instead of coding for proxy if the Idoc is standard option..go for idoc tunnelling..as both your systems are SAP.That is the option I recommend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I trying to do the following scenario. mySAP ERP 2004(Idoc) - XI - CRM(Idoc). I have few questions regarding the initial configuration:

1) In SLD I can see SAP CRM 4.0 product but I dont see mySAP ERP 2004(ECC 5.0)product. How do i bring that product into my SLD?

2) To do this scenario, I guess I need only one software component(SWC). But where do I create this SWC? I mean under mySAP ERP product or under CRM product?

3) Coming to technical and business systems, I need to create 2 technical systems and 2 business systems(with LS name's) for each mySAP ERP and CRM. Is this right?

Thanks

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

1) In SLD I can see SAP CRM 4.0 product but I dont see mySAP ERP 2004(ECC 5.0)product. How do i bring that product into my SLD?

These products will be there as a part of your CIM. You just need to identify them and tag them to the right Techinical system that you are going to create. These are available as as a part of the CIM as these are standard SAP Products.

2) To do this scenario, I guess I need only one software component(SWC). But where do I create this SWC? I mean under mySAP ERP product or under CRM product?

SWC will exist for both in SLD. You can import the same in to IR. You can use one of them in your Integration Repository.

3) Coming to technical and business systems, I need to create 2 technical systems and 2 business systems(with LS name's) for each mySAP ERP and CRM. Is this right?

Yes, you need to create 2 TS and 2 BS, one for each.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your answers.

I think I need to import/synchronize PPMS-data to bring mySAP ERP 2004 product into SLD Software catalog.

Can you help me in creating technical system for mySAP ERP 2004....I did create technical systems for Third-party but never to SAP systems.

Creating Technical system for mySAP ERP 2004: I selected Technical system type as Web AS ABAP, in the next step its asking for Web AS ABAP Name (I gave mySAP ERP SID),

got Installation Number from SLICENSE....Where do I get Database Host Name? After that its asking for Message server details and Central Application Srver details.

Do I need to give correct values for all of them..Is there any way that it can get all these values???? What if I dont know values for Message server Host name and anything else.

Thanks

Navin

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the volume of data is huge..then go for idoc..as there might be standard idoc and if the volume of the data is not huge then go for BAPI.

Go for a proxy only when if standard Idoc's or BAPI's are not available otherwise you are re-coding the existing things.

As CLAUS suggested try using BPCRM as I believe they would have included creating sales order as it is very fundamental proceess of CRM products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Thanks for reply.

Scenario: mySAP ERP(ECC,WAS 6.40)-XI-mySAP CRM(WAS 6.40)

Lets say standard Idoc is avilable....both source and target systems can natively talk to XI, still you want me to consider Idoc/RFC adapters?? or am I getting it wrong? Can I not use Idoc/BAPI's in proxies instead of recoding??

Thx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

If you don't want to do any coding, then you will have to go for IDOCs/ BAPI. In this case all you have to do is the configuraion.

However, when you use Proxies, there will be a little coding required for calling the proxy. Its not much though. However, Proxies should get you better performance as they bypass the adapter engine.

In this case, as everything is standard, I would probably go by IDOC's.

Regards,

Ravi

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

if you have CRM installed (meaning you also have a license for it) you should have at least access to the package XI CONTENT BBPCRM. I am not sure about the other ones.

Maybe your user is simply not recognized. You may want to check with your system administrator if he can view this package.

Regards,

Claus

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

any XI content delivered by SAP can be found in the SAP service marketplace which you can enter <a href="http://www.sap.com/services/servsuptech/smp">here</a>.

a) After you entered the service marketplace go to <i>Software Download</i> under the header <i>SAP Support Portal</i>.

b) Next navigate to Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group

c) In the main window select <i>SAP Content</i> and then <i>Process Integration Content (XI Content)</i>.

d) Now you should see a list of XI content packages.

The package containing XI content for CRM is

XI CONTENT BBPCRM

In addition you find some packages that offer mappings from CRM interfaces to industry standards like RosettaNet or STAR standard, like

XI CONTENT ROSETTANET CRM

XI CONTENT STAR CRM

Some of these packages may require a license, therefore I am not sure if they are visible to you.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Thanks for the XI content for CRM. I looked at XI Content Overview, it did not mention about mySAP CRM.I dont have a license to see Process Integration Content (XI Content)

Thanks

Navin

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

As per my knowledge, XI has CRM pre-delivered content and usually it communicates thru Proxies,Http, RFCs..

And in your scenario , you can always go for Proxy communication.

Also go thru following threads.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the links.

There is no XI content delivered by SAP for mySAP CRM.

As you said I can always go for Proxies...I am sure we can go for proxies between mySAP ERP and XI (XI receive sales order data by Idoc as proxy). I want to know more about creating sales order in CRM from XI. I mean, Can I just use proxies in the same way as between SAP and XI?

Has anyone worked on similar kind of scenaro?

Any inputs will be rewarded.

Thanks

Navin