cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP HANA Studio

Hello SAP experts,

im a new about installing componenets of a SAP HANA System. I would like to use CDS Views in S4HANA. In our company we have S4 HANA DB.

On my computer there is no SAP HANA software such as SAP HANA Studio.

My question what software components I need to make use of our S4/HANA DB? As far as I know I need a SAP HANA Client and SAP HANA Studio but Im not sure.

I hope my question is understandable.

Thanks i advance

Best regards

Ben

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Got the answer to your question? To improve the knowledge base and make the right answers easier to find, please mark the best answer and close the question. Thanks!

Don’t know how? See https://answers.sap.com/questions/13162472/how-to-mark-an-answer-and-how-to-close-a-question.html

For the readers, before you leave, don't forget to up/down vote the answers. You can vote on the question too.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benaissa,

SAP HANA studio is an administration and development tool for SAP HANA XS (classic) database applications ('native'). This technology is deprecated as of 2018 and although SAP HANA studio is still supported, the latest update was with SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12 (2016).

There are several "flavors" of CDS views, my guess is that you might be interested in the ABAP. For more information, visit

The latest "evolution" of CDS is used in the SAP Cloud Programming (CAP) model. For more information, visit the topic area page

For some backgrounds about all the flavors and models, see

Thank your for your helpful links. I`ll check them out.

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Great; please mark the best answer and close the question. Thanks!

Don’t know how? See https://answers.sap.com/questions/13162472/how-to-mark-an-answer-and-how-to-close-a-question.html

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is what you want to do. SAP HANA Native development or ABAP on HANA development (including ABAP CDS views).

In case of SAP HANA Native Development you should go with the XS Advanced development approach using SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA/SAP Business Application Studio instead of the deprecated XS Classic development approach (incl. SAP HANA Studio).

In case of ABAP on HANA, you have to install the ABAP Development Tools (these include the ABAP CDS View editors too). Check out: SAP Development Tools

0 Kudos

In need it in the case of ABAP on HANA. So im going to install ADT on my windows server.

What are the steps after installed ADT. How can I connect to our S4HANA system?

Thanks in advance

Ben

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a lot of documentation regarding that. And even tutorials: Get Started with ABAP Development