cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Dataset of a report running with universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing some issue in cross-tab.

My requirement is , on click of any cell in cross-tab i want to convert  it into editable cell.

Converting into editable cell is something which I achieved using below code:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function onCellClick(e) {

---

---

var text=this.innerHTML;

var text = $.trim(this.innerHTML);

$('<input />').attr({ type: 'text', name: 'text' }).appendTo($(this)).val(text).select().blur(

function () {

var newText = $(this).val();

$(this).parent().text(newText).find('input').remove();

var rIndex=$(this).closest('tr').index();

data.data[rIndex]=newText;

that.firePropertiesChanged(["data"]);

//that.firePropertiesChanged(["visSelection"]);

that.fireEvent("onSelect");

});

}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just modified the sample code.

My report is  running with universe.

Now I want to update the Dataset with this updated value.

Can anyone provide any help on the same?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that is supported.

The universe is coming from a source system; why do you want to edit the data in Design Studio?

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like he wants something like what BW offers in the form of integrated planning, without using BW.  I can appreciate the want but I don't think we will see Integrated Planning functionality in a Universe. Perhaps using BPC or an application would be a better approach?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with that; I am not familiar with BPC; I don't know if BPC has universe support.  Thanks Michael

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah even with BPC I don't think the Universe really plays a role. My assumption is it would be a DB with an app on top or BPC on it somehow. (I'm a BPC newbie as well)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You got it right.

Let me tell you the whole story:

I have a weird requirement of creating editable grid. And the values which I edit into grid get saved into database.

By using javascript I am able to edit grid cell item into HTML.

Now after this I have two hitches:

1. I am not able to get the updated cell values in Design Studio. I think this issues goes to SDK side. I try to create a external script variable and use this into Design Studio.But somehow it always throw blank.

2.  I am not able to update dataset. I know updating the dataset permanently is not possible as its getting created from universe. But I just want to update the dataset so that any change in measure values also update total of that column.

I start this thing this week only. So might be I am asking few stupid question. Please bear with me.

Thanks

Amit