cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger event mesh when PurchaseOrder created in ECC system

saraswathihr
Discoverer

Dear Experts,

My scenario is triggering a Build process automation whenever a Purchase order is created in the ECC system.

I am using event mesh as a middle ware where i can trigger a build process automation through webhook in event mesh.

I am trying to figure out how to trigger the event mesh from ECC system whenever a PR or PO is created. Please help me out trigger event mesh from ECC.

If there is a way where i can directly trigger a build process automation directly from ECC system please let me know.

Thanks & regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please also check out Event-driven architecture – now available for SAP ECC users for the Add-On that needs to be installed in ECC to send Events to Event Mesh.

Venkat_Vyza
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @saraswathihr,

Yes, Event Mesh is to be set up first.

But reading the below statement in your question "I am using event mesh as a middle ware where i can trigger a build process automation through webhook in event mesh", I understand that you are already using Event Mesh.

If not, please see the below documentation from SAP to set up Event Mesh on BTP.

https://help.sap.com/docs/event-mesh/event-mesh/setting-up-sap-event-mesh-in-btp-cockpit

Please mark the answer helpful if you find it useful.

Thank you,

Venkat Vyza

Venkat_Vyza
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @saraswathihr,

If you want to trigger a Build Process Automation in response to the PO creation Event in the ECC system, the following are the steps:

1. Create the Business Process in SAP Build PA

2. To trigger that Business Process, create an Event Trigger (print screen below) by choosing the right Event Object and Event.

Looks like you already have Event Mesh set up. So, that would work.

Thanks,

Venkat Vyza

saraswathihr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat Vyza

Thanks for your reply.

But as per my understanding,I need to establish the connection between sap ECC system(while creating the PO or PR) and Event mesh in BTP. After that only i can able to follow the above approach that mentioned.

please provide the information regarding this it will help us lot.

Thanks & regards.