cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make custom fields flow from Sales order to PR and PO?

SriSaiBhargav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts!!

I have created custom fields in Sales order item level in SAP S/4 Hana Public Edition. How to make those custom fields flow to Purchase Requisition item and Purchase order item level.

I checked in Business Scenerios option in Custom fields tab while creating custom fields, but there PR and PR is not there.

It would be grateful if you could help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Sai Bhargav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rasconbeatrice
Explorer
0 Kudos

To make custom fields created at the Sales Order item level flow to the Purchase Requisition (PR) and Purchase Order (PO) item levels in SAP S/4HANA Public Edition, you need to follow these steps:

1. Create Custom Fields:

Ensure you have already created the custom fields in the Sales Order item level using the "Custom Fields and Logic" app.

2. Enable Custom Fields for Relevant Business Contexts:

You need to enable these custom fields for the relevant business contexts like Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order. If these contexts are not available in the "Custom Fields and Logic" app, you might need to use different tools or steps to achieve this. Follow these sub-steps:

• Open the "Custom Fields and Logic" app.
  • Navigate to the custom field you created for the Sales Order.
  • Check if the business scenarios related to Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order are available. If they are not, proceed to the next steps.

3. Extend the Data Model:

Use the "Custom Logic" and "Data Source Extensions" apps to extend the data model so that custom fields can flow through the process chain. You can use BAdIs (Business Add-Ins) to populate custom fields in subsequent documents.

4. Use BAdIs for Custom Field Mapping:

Implement relevant BAdIs to map the custom fields from the Sales Order to the Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order. Common BAdIs used for this purpose include:

• BAdI for Purchase Requisition:
    Implement the BAdI ME_REQ_ITEM_CUST_FIELDS to add custom fields to the Purchase Requisition item level.
  • BAdI for Purchase Order:
    Implement the BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST to add custom fields to the Purchase Order item level.
SriSaiBhargav
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi rasconbeatrice, Thanks for your response. I followed the steps you mentioned but i am unable to see the badis released for SAP S/4 hana public edition It would be great if you could help sharing the links of the badis for sap s/4 hana public edition.