Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find SAP forground and background Memory parameter

former_member662642
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing issue in my SAP server. every weekend complete SAP system get hanged or HANA DB get disconnected. this is happening every weekend only. upon investigating I suspect one job which is taking lot of time to execute and I am assuming that it is occupying memory of the system which causing the system hang (even ping stop responding for some time).
I have informed the team and they are asking me below parameter setting which I am unable to find as i m new in SAP.

"Memory allocation limit set for the foreground and background processes??"

from st06 i m able to get memory settings but specifically forground , background i m unable to find if some brother can help me so ill take out the setting.

also is there any way that I can check for particular day (from history) for this specific job that how much memory it consumed at that particular time.

Thankyou

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

simon25
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed,

I've added the 'basis technology' tag to the thread for BC-CST-MM expert visibility, since the foreground/background query is a BC-CST-MM topic.

This section from the SAP Memory Management guide may be a good place to start :

Profile Parameters of Memory Management

In regards to checking a particular sql statement's memory consumption on a HANA Database ...

You can check for historic memory consumption on M_EXPENSIVE_STATEMENTS at a particular timeframe and date with queries for example like :

SELECT * FROM M_EXPENSIVE_STATEMENTS WHERE START_TIME BETWEEN '25.04.2022 15:15:00.000000' AND '25.04.2022 15:30:00.000000' ORDER BY MEMORY_SIZE DESC

SELECT * FROM M_EXPENSIVE_STATEMENTS WHERE STATEMENT_START_TIME BETWEEN '25.04.2022 15:15:00.000000' AND '25.04.2022 15:30:00.000000' ORDER BY MEMORY_SIZE DESC

Kind Regards

Simon