cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure no crossover between PROD and TEST environments for BOE 4.3 platform

sharon_smith3
Participant
0 Kudos

Question regarding ClusterKey names with BOE 4.3 Platform:

I have two independent host servers:

PROD

TEST

------------------------------

I have two independent CMS Databases:

CMS_Prod

CMS_Test

These two databases reside on the same server (elsewhere. not on host server).

ODBC connection on each host server is correctly pointing to its respective database

PROD points to CMS_Prod

TEST points to CMS_TEST

During installation, I named the cluster key differently for each install:

for example:

clusterkey_prod (for the Prod installation pointing to CMS_Prod database)

clusterkey_test (for the Test installation pointing to CMS_Test database)

Was this the correct way to do it?

How can I ensure that there is no crossover with these two environments?

I ask because when I needed to create a new SIA Node for PROD, it would not accept the clusterkey name I used during installation.

It only allowed me to enter the clusterkey name I used during the installation on TEST server.

Thank you for any insights.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

S0022060788
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Aside from separating the CMS_database for each PROD and TEST host which was suggested. You can also try checking first the port connection in your CMS_Prod and in PROD host, if they are properly configured. Not sure if this helps but worth checking it. 🙂

sharon_smith3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You. SIA port is 6410 and CMS port is 6400.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can also happen when you back up the CMS database and restore it to the other environment - but there will be other signs that this has happened because the names of the server machines are stored in the database. I just mention this because I had this happen back in the XIr2 days when we did a refresh from prod to test - the DBA brought in the whole Oracle database by copying the files over instead of just getting the data schemas, It was a mess with the Test environment connecting to the Prod cluster.

-Dell

sharon_smith3
Participant
0 Kudos

I may have selected an option during the "CMS System Database Configuration" of the SIA node that specified restoring the CMS database.

Another note to add about my steps leading up to this: I had uninstalled/reinstalled the platform on both PROD and TEST. After each uninstall, I had to delete the SAP directory before re-installing. I'm wondering if there were "remnants" of the old configuration still lingering while configuring during the new install.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

separate CMS DB's and diff cluster keys are the only things that matter.
If during new SIA creation it doesn't accept cluster key from current server and does one from another one - than can only happen if CMS DB connection is pointed to test CMS DB.

sharon_smith3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply. Very helpful to learn that it's these two items that are key to keeping everything separate. I wasn't sure if I could have different cluster keys, so this is good to have that confirmation.

I will confirm the database connection from the PROD host server to the CMS_Prod database; as well as in the Prod SIA node.

I will update with my findings to 'accept' the answer and close the question.

Thank you again.