cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check SAP Cloud ALM logs for attempts to create ServiceNow tickets?

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the official Integration with External Ticket Systems guide for ServiceNow mapping.

I've done the mapping and configured event actions.
I've set the metric thresholds in the "Metrics" tab, then turned on the options "Create Alert", "Send Email To", and "Create Ticket" in the "Events" tab.

I receive an email for alerts, but no ticket is created in ServiceNow.

Is there an error log where I can check on why the ticket is not created in ServiceNow?

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The official Integration with External Ticket Systems guide section on Troubleshooting outlines some useful checks.

The most relevant check is to examine the "Console" tab/area in the SAP Cloud ALM "External API Management" app.
This will contain a list of all calls from your SAP Cloud ALM tenant to an external API.
This includes attempts to create tickets in your ServiceNow instance via the ServiceNow API.
This is also the best area to check even if you are using a different third party ticketing solution.

If an alert and/or e-mail was successfully generated it will have a time stamp associated with it.
You can use the timestamp information to cross check the entries in the "Console" tab/area and find out if there was an error calling the external API.

Answers (0)