Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Toolbar in Crystal HTML Viewer

andreas_appelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I implemented a dashboard using an HTML-Frameset (with a main menue frame and content frame). The main menue contains OpeDocument links to call Crystal Reports. The reports are displayed in the content frame.

Problem: In the content frame not only the pure Crystal Report is displayed but the report is surrounded by the toolbar (on top of the report) displaying the Print, Refresh, Export button. In addition the tab "Main report" is displayed and on the left hand side also a panel is visible which allows to change parameters.

I only would like to see the pure Crystal Report (which consists of only one page).

Is it possible to hide the elements described down below? I work with BOE XI 4.0, Crystal 2008. I know that in XI 3.1

it was possible to hide the toolbar by adjústing webappsCrystalReportsWEB-INFweb.xml . You had to add

<context-param>

<param-name>viewrpt.toolbar</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</context-param>

under the last<context-param>-entry and to restart the Tomcat.

What I have to do in BOE XI 4.1? The structure of the Tomcat directory is different.

Thanks.

Regards, Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

web.xml is no longer used for customization in version 4.0. All customization is handled in .properties files.

If you navigate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\

you will find two folders, \Default and \Custom.

Copy the CrystalReports.Properties file from the default folder and place it in the Custom folder. You can make all of your customizations here.

add the line:

viewrpt.toolbar=false

and save the file and restart Tomcat. The settings in the Custom folder will override the settings in the Default folder.

The reasoning behind this is that now your customizations will not get overwritten when patching your system. Previously, the web.xml files were overwritten with patches and in version 4.0, the properties files in the Default folder can be overwritten. Patches and service packs will never overwrite any files in the Custom folder. This way all of your customizations will be retained when patching.

I hope this helps,

Dan

andreas_appelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your detailed answer!

In this way I was able to hide the panel above the report. Do you see any chance to hide also other parts which surrounds the report and the tab "main report". I send you a screenshot which explains what I mean.

Let's assume I can't hide it: Is it possible to adjust the colors? Currently the color is blue-grey. And this doesn't fit to the brown color in the menu. It sounds fussy, but our customer has Xcelsius in mind (which doesn't run on the iPad) and therefore we would like to create at least a workaround which is quite nice...

Thanks for your info.

Regards, Andreas

daniel_paulsen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately, I cannot find any configuration property that would allow changing or hiding the background colour that is displayed behind the report page. That level of customization would involve changing the images in the viewer folder to match your colour scheme. These could would be overwritten any time a patch or Service Pack is applied so a backup would be needed.

Dan

andreas_appelt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the info. You really helped me.

Regards, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel, This info really helped me in hiding the top tool bar in Crystal Viewer. I do have another requirement to hide the left side panel where we have Prompt * search text button. Can I know the property to be used to hide this left Tool panel?

Thanks in Advance.

Madhu

Answers (0)