Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Connection Issue with Microsoft Azure SQL Server on SAP Datasphere

DhairyaM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community,

I'm facing an issue while trying to establish a connection to Microsoft Azure SQL Server on SAP Datasphere. Here are the details:

Error Message:

You can check the error message on the image attached belowunnamed.png

Steps Taken:

1. Created a new connection in SAP Datasphere with the necessary details for Microsoft Azure SQL Server.
  2. Attempted to validate the connection but encountered the above error.
  3. Added the IP address of SAP Datasphere to the Azure SQL Server firewall to allow access.

Observations:

• The error mentions "Cannot open server 'gmail.com'" which is confusing as I have provided the correct Azure SQL Server details.
  • The message also indicates "Invalid attribute in connection string: DriverUnicodeType."

Questions:

1. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide insights on what might be causing this error?
  2. What is the correct way to configure the connection string for Microsoft Azure SQL Server in SAP Datasphere?
  3. Are there any specific attributes or settings I need to ensure are correctly configured in the connection setup?

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,
Dhairya Maradiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andrefb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I assume you are using Azure Cloud.

You should have to open IP ranges of the region of your Azure SQL Server, or can try with address name (not sure if it works). Should also have to give access to port 1433 and port range 11000-11999.

After this you should be able to connect.

The error you have is not very helpful without seeing the connection details. Show an image of that for more input.

Best regards,

Andre