Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F: TS17900101 - step_object not instantiated in the workflow log

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are developing a HCM P&F Workflow which uses a standard approval task TS17900101. STEP_OBJECT is a element in the container (the description says it will be filled automatically). When I try to execute the workflow the task gets created in the UWL, however the STEP_OBJECT element in the task is not getting instantiated and hence when I try to open the task from the UWL it gives an error No step object GUID is assigned to the work item ID XXXXXXXXXX

Please guide me if i need do any additional settings in order to instantiate the STEP_OBJECT container element?

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got the same issues as you had one year ago. I added the class CL_HRASR00_POBJ_WF_EXIT and I'm using the standard tasks

1-  TS33700021

2-  TS17900108

3-  TS33700023

I have implemented the FPM form and we cannot move ahead our workflow as we get back the message error

We read all the blogs possible but we are not able to make it works.

We gave the SAP_ALL to WF-BATCH.

Any help?

Thank you so much in advance to everyone, we are desperate. 😞

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have much more chance of a response if you open a new thread. You can provide a link to this one.

By the way, WF-BATCH should also have SAP_NEW.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

thank you so much for your replay. I updated the issue in a new thread.

We put SAP_NEW and we are going to try in a while.

Thank you so much.

Federica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath Mohan ,

The Step Object container is filled automatically once the process is initiated it generates a unique GUID.Hence it doesn't require to be instantiated manually.

Please check if the mandatory container params are filled correctly.

For the approval task mandatory params are:

FORM_SCENARIO

FORM_SCENARIO_VERSION

SUPPRESS_SAVE

FORM_SCENARIO_STAGE

Also do check if you are able to generate a process reference number once you've started it and check if the form scenario,process and event linkages are correctly assigned.

Regards,

Aravind.P

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I am passing all the mandatory parameters mentioned. Also, the process reference number is getting generated and the workflow ends in error with the following message

*Exit CL_HRASR00_POBJ_WF_EXIT triggered exception for event STATE_CHG *

I found a OSS Note 1384961 which deals with the error. Unfortunately the note is already available in the system and still this error.

NB:- I have added this class CL_HRASR00_POBJ_WF_EXIT in the program exits tab of the step

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please check the consistency of the process by running the program : RPASR_CHECK_PROCESS. This will tell if the configuration for HCM Process is good / in error.

Also do check the table T5ASRPROCESSES whether case_guid for the process is generated.

Regards,

Aravind.P

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for the reply....

The issue was because of authorization. the workflows executed fine after assiging SAP_ALL authorization to WF-BATCH user id.

Thanks,

Bharath