cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Variables into a single variable to be used as a filter.

former_member709909
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Here's what I want to do: group variables into a single variable that can be used as a filter. So in my report, I want the user to have a checkbox where they can choose a list of people that have an active order and/or a diagnosis. So I want to put the variables for Active Order and Diagnosis into a single variable that can be used as a filter:

I've got the variables for the individual metrics created and working, but I want to put them into a single checkbox list.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One idea is to define a new variable with both variables:

ex:

Date_WorkTime: =[Date] + " -- " + [Work Hours]

Perhaps this idea suits your needs.

former_member709909
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for the response. This is not actually what im trying to do though. Basically, i would like to re create something similar to a parameter in tableau except here in BO. So i would like to look across four columns of data which may be populated in every row across these columns for a unique patient because my data set is wide vs long. So with that, i would then like to be able to have a variable based off these four columns and say if x column then display all rows that are not null in this column. Is this possible to create as a single variable filter?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create something like a variable:

St: =If ( IsNull([dim1]) Or IsNull([dim2]) Or IsNull([dim3]) ) Then "N" Else "X"

and filter with [St]