cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(GrapeCity) Data Dynamics to Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello World !
[ This is my very fist post in SCN, I have to say I just liked & loved the way SCN is, unlike the conventional forums. Thumbs up ! ]
I have been mainly Data Dynamics Report developer since a while, but now serious thoughts are being planted for shifting to Crystal reports. So friends please guide us get started.
I would like to know / if...
  • Data Dynamics to Crystal Report Conversion utility is available
  • Subreports are supported
  • We can have subreports as a table row (please see the attached PNG file for clarifiaction. Customer Order History and Customer Product History are the subreports. We are using this scario basically.)
FYI: The report gets flourished by the stored procedure hence the end user needs to pass some parameters to the report, which in turn will be passed to stpred procedure.
The parameter should support default values (programatically and manually), validaiton. Checkbox list and date selector are heaviliy used parameters in our reports.
Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Talati

• Data Dynamics to Crystal Report Conversion utility is available

- Unfortunately no such utility

• Subreports are supported

- yes, absolutely. But note that subreports within subreports are not supported

• We can have subreports as a table row (please see the attached PNG file for clarifiaction. Customer Order History and Customer Product History are the subreports. We are using this scario basically.)

- not a problem. The CR report will look very similar to what you show

Re. parameters - no problem. You can control these programmatically, or let the report throw it's own parameter prompt at runtime.

Let me know what version of .NET you plan on using and I'll set you up with more resources.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Another great source would be on the Overview tab, on the right side there is a contact number to call for more info. One of our Sales rep's can go through a demo for you and your product teams to show you the features and abilities Crystal Reports can do and possibly help you with the migration.

And as Ludek indicated, we won't have any conversion tools but possibly using the RAS SDK you could create your own, assuming the other designer has an SDK also to get report details and then convert those to CR Objects. May not be 100% but could get most of basic layout done for you and then finalize by manually completing the conversion.

Don