cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module searched: Data extraction from BW to R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

has anyboday any idea on which function module or function group could be used for data extraction from BW to R/3?I have seen some threads,and found the function group RSAX which is actually for extraction from R/3 to BW,is it also suitable for the other direction(BW to R/3)?

I have looked for this topic for a long time,but so far no success...

Would you like to give me some hints?

Regards,

Liying

Message was edited by: Liying Wang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liying,

Use the ABAP program WRITEQUERY. You can also use the function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Dinesh!

Would you like to tell me what the 'GENUNIID' is,which kind of ID I should give?Is it the id of infocube or ODS from which I want to get the query?

I know maybe it is a stupid question,so sorry..

Another questuin:is FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ SAP standard?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Liying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

it's very kind of you to give me so many tipps.

But I think the WRITEQUERY is not the one for me,and the same as FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ.

What I am eager to have is a FM which can execute or create a Query from Infoprovider(InfoCube or ODS),in other word,a query name can be got as an export parameter from certain FM(but FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ has an export paramenter E_T_DATA which is internal table with query result.).

Any idea left?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Liying

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's going to be an extraction to specific application in R/3 - couldn't be any universal extractor - applications have their own specific.

But you can try application specific retractors, as examples look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem320bw/helpdata/en/99/97157967e3440a94d199538959cd0b/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/b2af6569e64418a21bd0ab4d83be83/content.htm

Open hub functionality is another option:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem40bw/helpdata/en/ce/c2463c6796e61ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh and Eugene!

Your suggestions are very helpful!It helps me to know more about extraction stuff.And I have already awarded you points:-)

Now another question: Do you know if there is any function module or class(as I know RSR*) which can produce query result.

Regards,

Liying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liying,

It is like a normal function module but in the properties you mention it as RFC enabled.

Alternatively, if you want the BW Cube/ODS data to be available to R/3 then use an Info-spoke and download the data to a flatfile and then upload to R/3.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liying,

I dont there is any SAP provided function module for extracting data from BW to R/3. You would need to write a RFC enabled funtion module to pass the data from BW tp R/3.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh!

So there is no function module for that,right?

How can I write a RFC enabled function module?Is there any document guiding on that?Would you like to give me a little bit more suggestion again?

Sorry I am a newbie...

Regards,

Liying