cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception aggregation on a key figure - only for reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. experts!

Desperately need your advice.

In Cube 2 I have Cumulative Key Figure (Price)defined as SUM adn Exception aggregation is AVG based on 0mat_sales.

Data is moved from Cube1 to Cube2. Data in Cube 1 is more detailed(invoice level), data in Cube 2 is aggregated on Customer, time and material level.

When Price is calulated, its adding up as many times as there invoices for specific time, material and customer. I thought that Exception aggregation would take care of the AVG but it does not look it. Does Exception aggregation only works when data is looked thriugh BEX, not when mobing from one Cube to another?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As my perception, exception aggregation is for BEx, not for InfoCube.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Diogo,

how would you define Price Key figure to make it AVG not SUM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If you want AVG to be used on query you can leave it that way, supposing you will have your exception aggregation drill down in the query, like this:

Price

0mat_sales_1 3,20

0mat_sales_2 2

In that case, if you have in the cube several records for 0mat_sales_1, in the InfoCube record display you will see all the prices summed, but in the query the 3,20 will be the average of those several records (sum of all 0mat_sales_1 prices divided by the number of records for those 0mat_sales_1.

Diogo.