cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate data in a Cross-tab report looking for a specific value.

david5111
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a cross tab report that shows employee name and then a field,(Sum of UPCHKD.EEXTEND) with four values for each data record. I need to evaluate, looking for a value <0 for one of the possible four entries. So, for example:

I can't figure out how I can achieve this result? Does anyone have any ideas/solutions?

The cross tab is setup as the following:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing the pics of the crosstab Design and the expected results. Please have a look at the attached sample report...first change the .txt extension to .rpt. You can reproduce this for your report with these steps:

1. Create a new Formula on your report named Flag.
  2. The new Formula syntax will be something like "if {UPCHKD.EARNDED} = '501A' then {UPCHKD.EEXTEND} "
  3. Add this to your crosstab Summarized Fields dialogue.
  4. See the notes in the sample about suppressing and resizing the new formula added to the crosstab.
  5. See the notes in the sample about the Display String for the Flag formula Total.flagforacertaincolumnvalue.txt
david5111
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is great. Many, many thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some special functions that are used to access values in cross-tabs. When you insert an "Embedded Summary" in the total and then edit the embedded summary, you'll have access to the "Grid Value" functions. These will allow you to access values based on the current row (in your case) or column of the cross-tab.

The Help has reasonable explanations of how to use these functions.

-Dell

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David, the solution would depend on how your crosstab is built. Are the "401A 501A 601A 701A" column values from the same field, or is there a separate field in your crosstab for 401A, another field for 501A...? It would help to post a pic of the Design mode.

david5111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Correct. All values of "401A 501A 601A 701A" come from the same field upchkd.eextend.

Thanks.