Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error logging to the SAP Cloud System - BTP Trial account

FlorenciaMar
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello team,

I have created some interfaces (ABAP Cloud Project) using a BTP trial account (activated with my S user). Now I'm having the following issue when open the project from the ADT :

Error while logging on to the service instance using this ABAP Cloud Project. Please make sure that you are logging on with <my_email> and CB user

I have tried to create a new Abap Cloud Project using the same service key and the following error is displayed:

You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.

The BTP trial account is up and running without any issue, no configuration has been changed since October 30th 2023 .

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

It randomly started working. I did not change anything. Something seems wrong at SAP side.

Thanks

Saurabh

saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also, it was working since this morning before I tried to re-add the project and tried the steps above.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Is it working now with your Service key and credentials (BTP trial) ?

Thanks and regards

Harikrishna

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I am also getting same error when I am trying to connect from Eclipse editor. Could you please help me.

Error - You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.

Thank you

Harikrishna

saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Something seems to be really wrong.

I get the same error for all the below approaches.

1. Tried Booster

2. Tried creating instance and service key manually

3. Deleted instance

4. Tried booster again

The, I tried creating a new trial account and followed the 4 steps. Still did not work

Note - For each of the steps, I have always authenticated using incognito mode from ADT. I also ensured I am using the correct email.

Then, I borrowed service key and credentials (BTP trial) from a colleague who already had ADT setup. This worked.

So I have no clue why it did not work for my either of my 2 btp trial accounts.

Thanks

Saurabh

Markus77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had a similar problem - or maybe the same. The answer was to use the Landscape Portal in SAP-BTP.

See this link:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/14005759/manage-system-hibernation-with-free-tier-account.html

Kind Regards

Markus

andrefischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Markus,

the question was about a SAP BTP, ABAP Environment trial system. And it was not about the system not being accessible but the message was that there was no user on that system.

Things like this can potentially happen if the service key of a Steampunk system has been deleted and re-created. This should hovever not had happened for our trial systems and then more than a single person would have been hit by this.

The landscape portal app is by the way also not accessible for the trial users.

The screen shot you shared refers to the free tier systems which are only available for customers and partners, not for private persons anymore.

Kind regards,

Andre

andrefischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Another thing that comes to my mind is that several email adresses might be connected to your S-user and that the wrong email is used when authenticating against the SAP IdP using Universal ID.

Please check the email that is listed when being logged on to the SAP BTP Cockpit of your trial account.

andrefischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If it still doesn't work you can send me via private message the URL of the shared trial that you will find in the service key and and email adress that you are using.
But please do not share this information here in the public ;-).

andrefischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This sounds strange.

Can you please verify that you are using the correct service key?

In the SAP BTP Cockpit of your trial instance please click on "instances" in the menue of the left hand side.

Then the service instance of your ABAP Environment should be shown.

(Trial Home / xxxxtrial / trial / dev

There should be one entry called default_abap_trial

and in the column Credentials you should find the key of the shared ABAP Environment trial instance you have been dispatched to.

Kind regards,

Andre