Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email issue via Collaboration Room

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to collaboration rooms. I am currently facing an issue where a user is not able to send emails via Collaboration Room. I have checked logs against the user id in NWA and found that around 5 user id's are getting selected, that now do not exist, and the user is getting error message "Mail could not be sent to specified recipients"

I obtained the mailing list from the user in concern and found that these 5 ids are not there.

Steps performed for emailing by user in concern:

1)      Click ‘Project Members’ link in the left hand sides menu;

2)      Click the ‘ABCDE Cost Model’ tick box

3)      Click the ‘Collaboration’ button and Select ‘Send E-mail’

Following is error message in  found in NWA.

No id to access LDAP object available for principal unique id USER.CORP_LDAP.jkeenan1; object doesnt exist

Error while populating 'USER.CORP_LDAP.jkeenan1'

No id to access LDAP object available for principal unique id USER.CORP_LDAP.kmcdonald; object doesnt exist

Error while populating 'USER.CORP_LDAP.kmcdonald'

com.sapportals.wcm.util.acl.PermissionExistsException

com.sapportals.wcm.util.acl.PermissionExistsException

com.sap.ip.collaboration.gw.impl.transport.javamail.exception.MailSendException: The mail could not be sent to the specified recipients

The mail could not be sent to the specified recipients com.sap.ip.collaboration.gw.impl.transport.javamail.exception.MailSendException: The mail could not be sent to the specified recipients

Thanks,

... -.-.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

During investigation it was found that, If a member is removed from the room, it saves without error but if you revisit the room, the member has reappeared, but without any roles.

Could these issues be related. The user id source is ldap as it can be understood from the error log.

Thanks

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help.

Update: After investigating in LDAP with the user ids, it was found that even if the user ids were disabled in LDAP, they still have the collaboration room group id attached in the LDAP details.

Please advise what to do next.

Thanks,
Soumya

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soumya,

I don't think setting the mail.smtp.sendpartial parameter in the JVM will make a difference as enabling that parameter in the KM UI should override the JVM settings.
You should try running the following reports to see if any inconsistencies can be found:

Room Consistency
CM Repository Database Check

It would also be no harm to run a UME consistency check as per SAP note 1016283 to clear up any issues on the UME side.

Kind regards,

Lorcan.

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The UME Consistency Check did resolve our issue.

As of now we are running that tool on a weekly basis.

Thanks,
Soumya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soumya,

Try setting the Override mail.smtp.sendpartial parameter in your email channel config to 'Yes'. This means invalid email addresses will be ignored. See the Cannels help documentation for details.

Regards,

Lorcan.

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

This is the configuration we have. Do I have to check anywhere else??

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody guide me on how to check the property mail.smtp.sendpartial on the Java Virtual Machine??

Thanks,

... -.-.