cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Repository with SQL Server Dynamic Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just installed Data Services 4 on our production SQL server cluster.

While our DEV SQL server runs on the standard port (1433), our prod servers use dynamic ports. I don't administer the servers and cannot change this.

Initially I was getting "java.net.connectexception: Connection Refused: Connect " errors.

After a lot of difficulty I managed to get DS to install by giving it the currently allocated dynamic port number. I had to enter a port, otherwise the 'next' button was grey out.

Everything worked, but I am concerned that once the SQL servers restarts, it will get a new port and DS will fail.

Is there a config file which stored the connection strings for the repository ? I'l like to see if its saved the port of not. Microsoft claim if no port is listed, it will get the Dynamic port automatically.

Funily enough, when I run the repository manager to set up new repositories, it makes no mention of ports. It the port only needed for the Initial software install ?

Thanks,

Leigh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Funily enough, when I run the repository manager to set up new repositories, it makes no mention of ports. It the port only needed for the Initial software install ?

Port number will be asked when you try to add a repository to the management console.

Regards,

Shine

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what needs to be done for Dynamic ports ?

Surely other people are using them ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea how to deal with dynamic ports

Even if you find a place where the port information is stored against repositories, that won't help you when the server restarts.

If possible, give static port in configuration manager for IPAll (TCP/IP) and set dynamic ports as blank.

Regards,

Shine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a problem, as I don't control the database server.

What is the best way to get confirmation if dynamic ports are or are not supported ? Log a ticket ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't have an answer. Can someone please help me on this ?

Thanks.