cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand & Supply planning in the Agrgregated Planning in HXM Operational Workforce Planning

zwerum
Explorer

Thank you for the helpful blog post on HXM Operational Workforce Planning (News Flash! *NEW* Workforce Planning Content).

After reading the blog and exploring the updated content, a question regarding the "Aggregated Internal Employee HC Plan" has arisen in my mind:

The picture "Solution Scope" on the blog post is showing the top-down and bottom-up approach. For the top-down approach (Aggregated Planning) it is mentioned to plan the demand and supply. But in the application for "Aggregated Internal Employee HC Plan" I have only two options: "Plan Total Demand" and "Plan New Hires Demand". Where is the HC supply reflected? Is there a wording mistake and the HC supply is reflected in "Plan New Hires Demand" with hires and terminations? And how do the two options (Total demand & new hire demand) correspond?

As far as I can judge, there is no report to see/compare the delta between the demand planned in "Plan Total Demand" the current HCs + hires - terminations (planned in "Plan New Hires Demand"). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Michael_Fox
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Zoe - thanks for reaching out. I see two parts to your question:

1. Where is HC supply reflected?

I would expect your HC supply to be tracked in the Version “Actuals”. Then in the charts at the top of the Aggregated Headcount Plan page as well as in the Progress report, you can compare the “Actuals” version (supply) to your “Aggregated HC Plan” (demand).

2. How do Plan Total Demand and Plan New Hire Demand correspond?

These are two different approaches to arrive at the same result, an aggregated HC plan. The “Plan Total Demand” tab allows you to plan the total headcount expected or needed in each month. You could have 2 people leave and 2 people join in a month, and this type of detail would not be accounted for on this tab since that nets out to a delta of 0 compared to the previous month. The “Plan New Hire Demand” tab allows you to plan the incremental changes (both new additions and leavers) and then calculates the resulting Total or Net headcount for each month. These two approaches are just there to provide the flexibility to the planners to choose whichever approach is most appropriate for their way of working.

Hope this helps!

Mike

zwerum
Explorer

Thanks michael.fox3 for the comprehensive answer!

1. HC supply: Your answer cleared up my confusion. If I may presume a small suggestion: you might take out the term "supply" from the graph below, because it suggests that you can also plan HC supply.

And because you mentioned the "Progress Overview" report: This one is designed more for the detailed plan, right? By selecting the aggregated version, most of the charts do not work.

2. Plan New Hire Demand: After the new release yesterday the calculation of the total HC by the incremental changes is working! Now, the approach "Plan New Hire Demand" definitely makes a lot more sense.

Kind regards

Zoe

Michael_Fox
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for the feedback zwerum ! I will take this back to the team to discuss modifications to the mentioned slide and to double-check on the compatibility of the Progress Report with the Aggregated Plan version.