cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date as an input in SAC planning templates

sheel-haria
Discoverer

Hi All,

We are facing an issue where we have to calculate the number of days based on a date entered by the user and the system date.

Is it possible to take a date as an input in SAC Planning templates which would be in date format which will further be used to calculate the no. of days?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinaychowdary
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to take a date as an input in SAC (SAP Analytics Cloud) Planning templates and calculate the number of days based on the entered date and the system date.

* Create a date input variable in your SAC Planning template. This variable will allow users to enter a date value.

* In your planning model, create a calculated measure or script logic that calculates the number of days between the entered date and the system date. This calculation will be based on the date input variable.

* Depending on your specific requirements, you can use different functions or formulas to calculate the number of days. For example, you can use the DATEDIFF function in SAP HANA to calculate the difference in days between two dates.

* Once you have the calculated measure or script logic set up, you can use it in your SAC Planning template to display the calculated number of days based on the entered date.

sheel-haria
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is it possible for you to guide me with the path for creating a date input variable in my SAC planning template? I tried to create one data variable from my model, but still wasn’t able to input date.

Also will this variable work like a keyfigure? I was looking for an iput field for all rows in my report