cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data uload to ODS ending up with an error. URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My Sceniro is Full load from ODS1 to 5 other ODS. Iam uploading the data to other 5 ODS by selecting 1 ODS at a time.

Problem i am facing is upload is ending up with error mesg. Error Mesg are

<b>Error 8 when starting the extraction program - R3019

Error in Source System - RSM340

Req xxx in ODS2 must have QM ststus green before it is activated - RSM1110</b>

I have seen the the OSS notes for given error no, but they are not applicable to me. what could be the other possible solution.

In detail tab of the monitor i see red light at Extraction step and Subseq. processing.

Its quite urgent bcoz this error is occuring in Production system.

Plzzzz urgent help needed.

Thanks

Rohini

Message was edited by: Rohini Garg

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Please try to replicate your myself system, then regenerate your 8<ODS1> datamart and activate TRs.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene

Would you elaborate your solution

how do i replicate the myself system

and then how do i regenerate 8<ODS1> data mart.

TR of ODS1 is already activated.

Thanks

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Have there been any successful run of this design for this server or this is the first time it run on a live server?

If it has run before successfully, try to determine what recent CHANGES were introduced to the system. (<i>Any transport of objects? any update of patches? any modifications to current design? any changes to the rights of ALEREMOTE?</i>) If the answer is <b>NO</b>, then I think you encountered an <b>untested scenario</b> in which the design simply cannot handle when it encountered such. Please do check your disk space as well.

This error could have many sources and lets just isolate them one by one...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I also see that under

ODS1 -> Manage -> Reconstruction Tab

There is one more request along with the recent request which i created to upload the data. Now when i go to monitor screen of the old request i see the following mesg

<i>The data was loaded successfully into the ODS Object CARB_TMG but not activated. You can only report on the data by using 'most recent'.</i>

But this request is not seen the Request tab.

Is this old request could create problem?

Thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle

Thanks a lot Jkyle, i think you will be able to catch up my problem.

Yes there was a transport made yesterday.But the object list of that transport request dont involve ODS1, but yes it involve the infoarea of ODS1.

Will this effect the upload?

And this is the first time i am uploading from ODS1 to other ODS. But i could see that there was a load made in the ODS1 before also(regarding this pls chk my last reply).

Thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

go to RSA1->Modeling->Source Systems and right-click on your BW system, and click on 'Replicate Datasources'.

also, go to the ODS that's causing the problem (via RSA1->InfoProvider and go to your ODS), right click and click on 'Generate Export Datasource'.

one more thing, make sure that all your record/s in the source ODS is active. if you're not sure manage its contents and click on 'Activate'. if there are any entries in the the next screen that comes up, you need to activate it first, then try everything again.

let me know what happens. also try to look for error messages in ST22 and SM21 that may be related to this and post whatever possible error you see there here.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Any transport made that has something to do with the current design may have a potential risk of affecting your existing updates. You should therefore first study what impact would a new transport will introduce to an existing design.

So this is the first time you re doing such an upload? In the DEV system, did the design worked flawlessly? Have you tested it 100%? Kindly answer this questions first...

Regards,

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Ryan and Jkyle

Design is work perfectly fine in DEV and also QA system.Recently i have uploaded the same data in QA and it worked fine and also source system is same for BW QA and BW PRD system.

In QA system also transport was made first and then followed by data upload.

Shall i try the steps mentioned by Ryan?

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

okay, check the steps i've mentioned so far. don't forget to make sure that all the requests in the source ODS are active, since that's my suspicion with your failure right now.

afterwards, you should try loading. if it fails, there's no problem since it's a full load, so just delete the old request and try retransporting the customizations, and reactivating what needs to be reactivated, and also do the steps i gave you. then load again. if that doesn't work, post up a reply.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan

I have done the steps you mentioned, but its not successfull.It is still ending up with the same error.

I want to confirm about the request present in the reconstruction tab of the source ODS. data of that requets is not active and thus not present in the request tab and also it has green traffic light.

Will this be a source of problem?

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

i believe it might be relevant - in your error message, was the activation looking for the request number that's equal to the one for this request?

you might want to reconstruct it if it's a valid load. if not, hmm... the first thing that comes to mind is to reload your source ODS from scratch. but there should be another way around this. but i can't think of it yet though...

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ryan

I dont think reload of source ods will solve the problem.

Is there any ways i can delete the old request in the reconstruct tab? Shall i force fully change the green light to red for old request?

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

a full delete and reload should solve it, though it will be a messy solution.

try forcing that request to red - see if it works... i can't offer much help at this point, though... but i'll still keep assisting you as much as i possibly can.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ryan

Let me try deleteing the data from source ODS and reloading the once again.

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the data from source system and reloaded the data. but the load to the other OSA from source ODS is still not successfull.

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currenctly facing the same problem. And I am

keeping my fingers crossed on getting a solution

from this thread. I also did what was mentioned.

Since this is my develop machine i was able to

delete all the requests. I also deleted the

PSA data. But there is still one request in the construct tab. Which is showing, request no longer available in

the Infocube. The Transfer Structure status shows

a clock (Transfer structure has changed since the request)

and the load status is green.

How can I delete this request from the ODS.

regs

Anoop

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

try this.. go to RSA3 in ur BW system and test ur export datasource of your ODS i.e 8<ODS1> with the datapacket size which fits your current datasize of your ods. if you are able to extract all the datarecords then it mean no problem with you ODS1.

now the problem might be with dataflow process for your other ODS objects which means problem in TR or UR .

so replicate the datasource 8ods1 in to the myself sorce system and then activate the Transferrules and if posible Update rules.

after this it should jgenerally work. Acording to my openion i feel there might be some problem with your update rules

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Still m not able to upload the data from ODS1.

How do i activate the UR. as it is production system i am not able to activate UR with activate icon. Is there any program to activate the UR?

REgard,

Rohini

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think this can also be a problem with your transport. so confirm that your transportation was successful and has no ptoblems.

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

hi - you'll want to retransport your update rule from DEV. i still can't figure out your problem, but this is better than not trying, while i ransack my head and try to come up with a better solution.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan

Thanks a lot for trying hard to come up with solution. i guess there is some transport whic is missing to be moved to production system. i will try figuring tht out.

i will wait if u cn come up with better solution

thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

rohini,

did you try checking OSS note 506052 already? i'm still looking around, though so far i can't find anything.

you may also want to post an OSS message as well so that SAP could go help you with your problem (since you're already in production anyway).

ryan.