Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have nested subforms and binding like below:

SUBFORM1-> $.GT_ITEM

SUBFORM2->$.GT_ITEM.DATA[*]

SUBFORM3->$.GT_ITEM.DATA[*].T_SCHED

SUBFORM4-> $.GT_ITEM.DATA[*].T_SCHED.DATA[*]

I am getting data in subform2 but in subform4 which is nested in subform2 and T_SCHED is a nested table in GT_ITEM, i am only able to print the captions but not the values. Bindings are proper. Please advice.

The subforms are of type Flowed and "Western Text" .

Data is not accessible/lost down the hierarchy. Is it that data will be accessible only 1 level below the subform ? ANy pointers please ?

Similar binding done at other place is fine.

pascal.bremer

Regards,

Aditya

kjyothiraditya
Participant
0 Kudos

do we lose data binding info if we create nested subforms and the data doesn't flow down ??

kjyothiraditya
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anybody please guide here ??

kjyothiraditya
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi matthew.billingham florian.henninger pedroutz

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for adding details in the question. But there are some inconsistencies (below, respectively <text in ALD screenshot> or <text in question>):

1. $.DATA[*] or $.GT_ITEM.DATA[*] ?
  2. T_SCHED_LINES or T_SCHED ?
  3. $.GT_ITEM.DATA[*].T_SCHED_LINES.DATA[*] or $.GT_ITEM.DATA[*].T_SCHED.DATA[*] ?

Concerning Adobe form, I don't know anything. If you create one like this blog post, does it work? https://blogs.sap.com/2008/10/02/adobe-forms-using-nested-table-text-module-providing-the-functional...

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never had trouble with a nested subfolders. I have had problems with nodes not binding. Double, triple check the namings of the variables (also in the XML). Otherwise delete the node and recreate it.

Maybe you can show us the definition of the interface structure, and the binding properties of the nodes as they are on the screen. (I.e. screenshots ).

kjyothiraditya
Participant

Updated question with screenshots!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BiberM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you payattention that interface variables are expended? If you need them twice you need to define them twice in the interface.

Sorry but I can't read more out of your explanation.

kjyothiraditya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi michael.biber2 : I am able to see the values of GT_FIRST in the output and also the T_SCHED_LINES in one subform,

but in the another subform, data is not displayed from T_SCHED_Lines.

kjyothiraditya
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that we lose binding info if we create too many nested subforms ?? Don't know the reason exactly for why the data is not available in the 2nd cases even though similar.