cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom font not compatible when export to PDF

alexchong18
0 Kudos

hello,

I am using Visual Studio 2017 with Crystal report (SP33). My company need to use a custom font called "Avenir LT Std" and it is installed in C:\Windows\fonts. I am able to use the font when designing report but I got an error message - "The fonts are not fully compatible; use a TrueType font instead" when exporting to PDF in Crystal Reports Viewer.

I've read similar posts in the forum but none of the solutions work for me. Is there a solution for custom font to export to pdf? Or is there a way to make custom font compatible with Crystal Report?

thanks

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions.

As you're looking to get most out of your community membership, please consider include a profile picture to increase user engagement & additional resources to your reference that can really benefit you:

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the best,

Alex

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
SAP Crystal Reports does not support the use of custom fonts when exporting a report to PDF. This is due to the fact that PDF files are processed in a different way than other document formats, and the custom font would not be embedded into the PDF file. The only way to ensure that custom fonts are supported in the PDF file is to embed the font into the report itself.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

CR is telling you why it doesn't work:

error message - "The fonts are not fully compatible; use a TrueType font instead" when exporting to PDF in Crystal Reports Viewer.

The issue may be if the font includes a License file, CR will not embed the font in the PDF for this reason.

Secondly CR will only support True Type Fonts, so if you have that then you should see it when previewed.

If there is no License file attached to the Font then likely problem is the font itself, show this to the makers and they should be able to fix the font file.

I've seen this happen before, same font, one file works the other one did not.

Don

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

alexchong18

SAP Crystal Reports does not support custom fonts when exporting to PDF. To ensure your report renders correctly, use only TrueType fonts that are embedded in the PDF. The fonts can be embedded either in the report design or in the PDF export settings. Additionally, you may want to consider using a font that is widely available, such as Arial, Times New Roman, or Verdana.