cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS for VS2010 not working in x64 bit platform

former_member666636
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a problem with x64 bit platform in CRVS2010. x86 is working fine.

The below error showing,

Error in file DES_Test {30E74546-5E53-4EF6-A63E-F453783E41B4} .rpt: Loading database information failed.

PC Details are

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CR runtime engine fw 4.0(both 32 & 64 bit)

Active platform 64 but.

I attached my stack trace here.

stacktrace.txt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. CR for VS is currently on SP26 - SP1 through SP4 are very old and require .NET 2.0. I suggest you download the latest version and use that. You can get to it through a link on the wiki here: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads. Use the .exe download to integrate with VS. The .msi and other downloads are the runtime installs for use when deploying your application.

2. If you're having problems in VS, you need to bear in mind that the VS integration is 32-bit and will require a 32-bit data connection for development.

3. Only the Crystal for VS integration should be installed on the computer that is running VS. I believe it also installs the 64-bit runtime. You should not have the 32-bit runtime installed there or a separate install of the 64-bit runtime.

-Dell

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Yes, you need to rebuild your project first and then uninstall the old CR for VS MSI on the users PC and install the SP 26 MSI.

Change your project to build X64, CR runtime is for the app platform and not the OS.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of the SDK did you install - 32-bit or 64-bit? Is your application targeted for 32-bit (X86) or 64-bit (X64)? My experience has been that targeting for "Any CPU" doesn't always work. You need to make sure that the runtime version you install matches the targeted output for the compiled application.

-Dell

former_member666636
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am using the embedded Crystal Reports Designer. I attached image for my installation details. Please find attachment.

I used x64 as Target CPU. I updated CR for VS2010 with SP1 ~ SP4. All are not working in x64

datasource-field-setup-using-csv.jpg

controlpanel.jpg

former_member666636
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Added code here

compiler-settings.jpg

Dim reportDocument As New ReportDocument
Dim rptPath As String = TextBox1.Text
Dim dt As New DataTable
dt.Columns.Add("ID")
dt.Columns.Add("NAME")
dt.Columns.Add("DOB")
dt.Columns.Add("Mobile")
Dim dr As DataRow = dt.NewRow
dr("ID") = "1"
dr("NAME") = "Test1"
dr("DOB") = "11234"
dr("Mobile") = "123425226"
dt.Rows.Add(dr)
reportDocument.Load(rptPath)
reportDocument.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(dt)
reportDocument.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 0, 1)

former_member666636
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If i use new SP, the version number should change in all our projects and deploy again.

Even though, i tried with latest SP in my local and problem is still exists.

I could share my test code if you would like to see.