cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2008 extremely slow connection with SAP R3

0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 and pulling information from SAP R3. The retrieval of data is extremely slow while building the crystal report. For example, when I bring 3 tables into the database manager, then link them together and click finish, it takes in excess of 20 min before crystal renders the report for building. Also, when right click on a field to browse, it takes in excess of 10 min before the field data will come back.

Are there any settings in Crystal that would make this faster?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

I am suffering the same issue, Keep an eye on my posting as well to see if anyone has an answer.

FYI, I have noticed that reporting via a clasic infoset as created within TRX SQ02 increases reporting speed drastically.

Regards

Phillip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you provide more details on a) the volume of data and b) the linkage of tables that you created ?

ingo

0 Kudos

ingo,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the following.

LIKP [SD Document Delivery Header](1+ mil records)

LIPS [SD document Deliver Item] (21+ mil records)

VBAP [Sales Document Item Data]

Joins

LIKP.MANDT=LIPS.MANDT

LIKP.VBELN=LIPS.VBELN

LIPS.VGBEL=VBAP.VBELN

LIPS.VGPOS=VBAP.POSNR

I got the tables and join information from one of our ABAP developers.

I'm using Crystal Reports 2008 SP1 FP6 with SAP Int Kit XI 3.1 SP1 FP6.

I am pulling information for a single Sales order with a filter applied to VBELN. I know that I'm going against tables with a large amount of data. What I don't understand is that when I pull order information from our WMS system (non SAP) the retrieval time is faster and the data browse is faster. The WMS system is running MS SQL Server 2005 using an ADO connection to the database and the shipment header table has 1+ mil records and the shipment detail has 16 mil records.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try to create a QuickView or InfoSet in the same way and to run it ?

what about using left joins from the header to the details ?

ingo

0 Kudos

We created a query in SAP. We ran the query in SAP and also created a crystal report against the query. All the response times were about the same. We also created the left join and noticed the same response.

At this point I am assuming that this is just the standard response time against these large tables and we need to dig in and find out what indexes are on the tables and use those indexes.

In the other database that I was pulling information from (as a comparison), I noticed that it had more indexes on the tables I was pulling information from.