Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating USER in Multiple systems at once

hemanth_kumar21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to create USER in multiple systems at once.

My landscape is like below:

ABD -> Development System

ABQ -> Quality System

ABP -> Production system

If I want to create a user in ABD system, after login to the same system, will click on the SQL editor and will write a script 'CREATE USER test PASSWORD testpwd VALID UNTIL '01.01.2016'.

After execution, it will create a user TEST in the ABD system. I have to repeat the same for remaining systems ABQ & ABP by login to the system and running the script.

Do we have any standard functionality to do the same? Means, I want to run the procedure from ABD system by providing the login credentials of ABQ & ABP.

like in ABAP calling the RFC with Destination system details.

or do we have easy process to do the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hemanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth_kumar21
Contributor
0 Kudos

in simple,

I want to run the script/procedure from one system(Development) and should reflect/results from different system (Quality/Production)

Development system:

CREATE USER test PASSWORD testpwd VALID UNTIL '01.01.2016'

It will create user TEST in Development system. I want to create the same in Quality/Production remotely.

anurag_abbi_tm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there is:

Following link is for SAP HANA but you use the same process.

CREATE USER - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library

hemanth_kumar21
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to create it remotely.

hemanth_kumar21
Contributor
0 Kudos

any SAP standard solution for this?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you had a look into ?

hemanth_kumar21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I want to create it from HANA system only. Not from IDM. like in ABAP calling the RFC with Destination system details.

in the same way 'CREATE USER test PASSWORD testpwd VALID UNTIL '01.01.2016' by mentioning destination system details.

My landscape is like below:

ABD -> Development System

ABQ -> Quality System

ABP -> Production system

If I want to create a user in ABD system, after login to the same system, will click on the SQL editor and will write a script 'CREATE USER test PASSWORD testpwd VALID UNTIL '01.01.2016'.

After execution, it will create a user TEST in the ABD system. I have to repeat the same for remaining systems ABQ & ABP by login to the system and running the script.

Do we have any standard functionality to do the same? Means, I want to run the procedure from ABD system by providing the login credentials of ABQ & ABP.

like in ABAP calling the RFC with Destination system details.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, there is no built-in standard solution for that.

Is it possible to build something like that? Sure.

You could e.g. build a ODATA service that you implement on all your instances.

Then all you've got to do is to call the service for every instance you want the users to be created.

But there is no way that you hook in to the execution of the standard SQL command (CREATE USER) and execute code based on that - let alone doing that in another system.

Up to now, SAP HANA integration is about data integration. What you're looking at is more application & process integration.