Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crawler not indexing the documents from repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've installed TREX 6.1.09 with EP6.(version=6.0.9.0.0 and

KnowledgeManagementCollaboration 6.0.9.0.0 (NW04 SPS09) on my Windows 2003 platform.

NameServer port is configured in J2EE visual Administrator and also all lights are green in TREX Monitor in KM -> Monitoring.

Now, i created an index and assigned my newely uploaded Portal.par as a Datasource to it. One more thing, i logged into the portal as as Administrator and all this has done successfully.

But when i check in the TREX Monitor, i see both index and its associated queue are idle and also indexing of document is not taking place.

When i checked ApplicationLog it gives me the XCrawler error like below

"Error 4/25/06 7:33:03 PM XCrawlerService Failed to create crawler task index2_FileNet - com.sapportals.wcm.service.xcrawler.XCrawlerException: The SQL statement "SELECT "XCRW_TASK_INDEX" FROM "KMC_XCRW_TASKS" WHERE "XCRW_TASK_ID" = ?" contains the semantics error[s]: type check error "

Sir, i've already done all the work around given in the Discussion Forum but could not got my problem solved.

Plz. guide me where i'm wrong in configuration ASAP.

Lot of Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mridul,

This is a quite an exception that occurs in sp9. I experienced the same exception and so does most others. The solution is to upgrade to sp14.

This has been suggested by Mr.Noufal in his weblog. Read it

Also the thread he refers in his blog

So the thing you need to do is apply the patch and upgrade it straight away as it will work afterwards.

Regards,

Ganesh N

Was the answer useful to you ?

Message was edited by: Ganesh Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

crawlers are used to crawl through your Km repository please build a repository in KM Content under doccuments e.g/doccuments/Myfolder and place some doccuments there create an index in index administration,choose crawler as standard , search as TREX Search and datasource as MyFolder and and then flush the queus associated with Index and then check status it should be from idle to transmitted .hope this helps you please do not forget to give points

with regards

subrato kundu