Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR schedules fail ~ once a month

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is on BI 4.1 SP1, AIX box:

Once every 30-45 days the CR schedules continue to be in pending state and restarting SIA leaves the RAS server in starting state.

Rebooting at OS level fixes the issue.

Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

Thanks,

Nagendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagi,

Regarding the RAS issue, please see if this SAP note helps as it is for XI 3.1 and worked for me on BO XI 3.1 on AIX. You might need to do some changes as per BI 4.1.

1417326 - The RAS server doesn't start anymore and generates core dumps

Regarding the other CR schedules go in pending state issue, would check more details and if anything relevant found would share it.

Thanks,

Arun

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. I stumbled upon this note too but I was just concerned cause strangely rebooting the machine fixes the issue.

Regarding the CR schedule issue: My understanding of a CR schedule is that it wont use a RAS unless its a publication or the report is being sent to dynamic recepients.(correct me if m wrong)

A server reboot fixes both the issues.

Is there a temporary file storage that gets filled over time which is getting cleared only after a server reboot?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the metrics for CR services during the time of issue ?

Do you see any error in Logs for CR services ?

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Didnt check the server metrics but there was nothing in the logs.

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be the case that your server has reached "Maximum number of concurrent Jobs" and is no longer able to accommodate any new jobs. Next time try to Kill all pending instances and see if the new jobs are running OK.

Now, why some instances go into pending state would be an interesting question and there are many possible reasons including but not limited to issues at your datasource.

Regards,

Naras

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before Rebooting, Have you got any chance to check for any stale processes for Crystal RAS at OS level

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

How can i do that?