Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co Code as Auth Object in report

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Team,

We have to add company code as Authorization Object  as part of the new requirement.

I know how to do that ...but wanted to know the impact of it...do we need to change in every query it is used or only going to be used for the new Queires.

Request your opinion on this

Regards

SVU123

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are making Co code as authorization object , means user must have Co code  access authorization for executing query.  You may have to change user roles for granting co code authorization. Rest is O.K.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand...

Do i need to have the auth variable included for all the required queries  in BEx where the Co Code is being used.

rgds

SVU123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends upon your requirement , not needed always. But if you are including co. code in query. The user must have authorization to access this query.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay,thanks Anand.

Shud i have to make it as variable defined in RSECADMIN and maintain a table....so that the Auth happens through that table via the Auth Object created.

svu123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the URL , it will help .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b7acf2-6121-2e10-5591-eaec182d9...

You have to create authorization object by RSECADMIN  & assign users for granting acces to reports.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is simple Create authorization object using RSECADMIN and assign it is roles.

Finally assign respected Roles to users.

Additionally  can refer to below document regarding authorizations.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b7acf2-6121-2e10-5591-eaec182d9...

Regards,

rvc

Answers (0)