Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Foundry not accesible/visible under the sub-account in SAP BTP cockpit

geetbijlani
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I login to my global account in BTP cockpit and navigate to the subaccount, I expect to see the Cloud Foundry -> Org and Add Org Members(this works in my trial account) but unfortunately the cloud foundry option is not visible in the left pane in my enterprise account.

I do have the Global Account admin and the subaccount admin role. However, still I do not have the option to access cloud foundry and add myself as an org member from BTP cockpit. Could you please let me know what exactly I am missing out here. Role collections assigned to my user are shown below.

Please note: I tried to disable cloud foundry under the subaccount but I am not allowed to do so as there is one of the service instance still running which is not visible to me and again seems like an authorization / role issue.

This might be something basic but could not find while searching everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Geet

PraveenV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you got the answer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

marhol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Geet,

beside the assigned role collection on subaccount level (like subaccount administrator) to your BTP user, you also need to be CloudFoundry-Org/Space member (eg Space Developer) to access Cloud Foundry Org/Space (see see Managing Orgs | SAP Help Portal)

The user who enabled Cloud Foundry environment on this subaccount is normally added as Org Manager role in CF and should be able to add you in CF org / Space as well.

Regards, Marco

Gaurav_L
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi,
You need to be CloudFoundry org member/org manager to access/view the cloud foundry.

If org manger is not available/doesnt exist for any reason, then you can add your user id as org manager by updating the Cloudfoundry runtime from subaccount as an administrator.
refer SAP note for detailed steps: 3249765 - How To add Manager Org member to an organization - SAP for Me

Once this is done, you will be able to see Cloud Foundry.

Regards,

Gaurav

gowrisankar_m2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any news here ?

Thanks, Gowrisankar

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

geetbijlani
bordarajudielomaws

luke2016-16
Discoverer
0 Kudos

it seems to be a general issue on BTP; I have the same issue with my BTP trial and free Tier account.

I can reach my Space and also my HANA Cloud service through the CLI but still nothing with the BTP Cockpit.

Regards.

frankmeertens
Explorer
0 Kudos

Seems to be affecting trial and free accounts. Regular BTP accounts don't seem to be affected.

dielom
Active Contributor

yes, there is a bug currently identified by SAP, here is their response:

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the issue and our development team is already working on it. Currently we are working on a fix for the issue. While this is happening there are some workarounds that can be used:

Use the CF CLI to admin the org as per https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/org-administration-using-cloud-foundr...

Access BTP using the specific region of your subaccount, for example https://cockpit.us10.hana.ondemand.com/cockpit/ or https://cockpit.eu20.hana.ondemand.com/cockpit/

We will update you further when details are available

geetbijlani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the quick reply,

"The user who enabled Cloud Foundry environment on this subaccount is normally added as Org Manager role in CF and should be able to add you in CF org / Space as well. " - Where can I check the user details of the user responsible for enabling the cloud foundry so that I can I ask him/her. It only shows details of the user that created the subaccount.

The whole objective was to become the org member and proceed with installation of boosters on the sub account but unless I am the member of the org, I cannot proceed.

Best regards,

Geet

marhol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Okay. According to this note 3105625 - Cannot display information. You are not an org member - SAP ONE Support Launchpad the "Users who create the subaccount automatically are assigned the Org Manager role" . So maybe you can check with this person within your organization to provide you with access to CF org / space. Person who created the subaccount can be found in subaccount details in BTP Cockpit. (beside this approach I am not aware to get the information of current CF Org Manager; this note 3281010 - Not Able to add Space Members Using the Cloud Foundry in cloud subaccount - SAP ONE Suppor... then refers to reach out to SAP support (through support ticket)-> "Just if no org owner is there anymore product support take over.")

geetbijlani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply and yes I had already gone through these notes from SAP but unfortunately I see the only solution is open a support ticket. However, I find really odd that there is no way to find out who enabled the cloud foundry and created the org. Specifically, in my situation where I am operating independently I need to know who is the org manager and whether he is still in the organization or not cannot be determined unless we know who was the one.

Thanks again for your support!

Best Regards,

Geet