Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE method CREATE

maria_ruseva1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

how and when the method CREATE of characteristic relationship of type exit is started? In which cases it is used?

thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

first of all class cl_rspls_cr_exit_base is just a helper class for a custom implementation of a characteristic relationship, so one might create a custom class and derive from cl_rspls_cr_exit_base. Observe that the interface methods used in this class all have method documentation (transaction SE24). This documentation should be helpful to answer one part of your question.

Method CREATE is called when the system has to create all valid combinations based on a given selection (or filter), represented by the parameter I_TSX_SELDR, and the characteristics used in the relation. The system decides when this is needed, it depends on a lot of things.

The most important cases the following:

1 Query result set with setting 'Access Type for Result Values' based on characteristic relationships (and e.g. not just based on booked values).

2 Disaggregation in queries mentioned in 1.

3 Value help based on characteristic relationships.

4 Planning function implementations that have to generate all valid combinations as part of the business logic, e.g. the 'Copy' planning function type; other examples are the function types: 'Generate Combinations' and 'Forecast'.

Examples:

Your relation is based on Cost Center and Fiscal Year, i.e. Cost Centers might not be valid in all years. A query should display all valid Cost Centers based on two fiscal years, where e.g. both characteristics are drilled-down in the rows of the query. In this example the query will call CREATE. Also in case 2 mentioned above.

Assume you have a planning function that copies cost center data for two cost centers C1, C2 from the last year to the next two years. In this case Fiscal Year at least is a characteristic to be changed and the COPY planning function has to determine the valid Cost Center, Fiscal Year combinations for the next two years, maybe C1 is valid in the next year but not in the year after next year.

Remark:

Observe that the characteristic combinations created via CREATE don't filter data, i.e. these combinations don't act as a multidimensional filter. So you might have booked data for a given filter that are not in the set of combinations created in CREATE: in a query these records will still be displayed but should be invalid according to a correct implementation of CHECK.

If you have a more specific question around this topic, post it here. To explain the concept in general terms would consume too much space here (and my descriptions tend to a kind of abstract, sorry, I am a mathematician).

Best Regards,

Gregor