cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change technical name of workbook?

ross_anderson2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Situation - someone accidentally deleted a workbook from a role in our Dev system. The workbook can be recreated, however, upon doing so a new technical name will be created for the workbook. This is a problem because all broadcast settings are tied to the technical name so that generates a bunch of extra work to go back and change those.

The question is, can the technical name of a workbook be changed? I've looked through most of the workbook related RS tables and none actually show the workbook name, only the technical names .. I was hoping that one of the tables would hold the display name to technical name relationship, or that the technical name could be changed in RSA1 in the Metadata repository.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The technical name of a workbook cannot be changed. There are too many dependancies between many tables.

Regards,

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to change the technical name of the workbook,it is generated by the system only ,u will change only description.no way u have to create all the authorizations again.if these authorizations are role based then assign this workbook to the same role as previous.

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a new workbook we never specify technical name it is auto generated. So I don't think there will be any option by which we can change the name.

Regards,

Durgesh.