Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Activate SAP S4/HANA Trial AWS

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the instructions on how to create a new AWS account and create a SAP S4/HANA Trial on CAL from the youtube video and instructions as below. The connection test to the AWS account is good from CAL.

Whenever I try to activate the appliance it gets an error as below

Any ideas what the problem is?

Error in CAL:

AWS Account Setup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

Adjusting vCPUs quota and releasing of used resources could take some time. Please terminate your last appliance, wait until it is fully terminated and check via AWS Console that the used vCPUs are released. Then try to create a fresh appliance.

Best regards,

Tsvetinka

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

Please follow our FAQ -> How to increase your AWS Service quotas? question. Please note that the number of used by you vCPUs has been calculated as an sum off all vCPUs of your SAP Cloud Appliance Library Instances and also of these, started directly via the Cloud provider Console.

Best regards,

Tsvetinka

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I requested an increase which has been applied. I have terminated my appliance and created a new one but i get the same error.

I increased the Quota highlighted below, is this correct?

Thanks

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have progressed but can now see the message regarding vCPU capacity.

Limit of 32 exceeded but how many are required?

Would it be 48 looking at the cores below?

You have requested more vCPU capacity than your current vCPU limit of 32 allows for the instance bucket that the specified instance type belongs to. Please visit http://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/ec2-request to request an adjustment to this limit. (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 400; Error Code: VcpuLimitExceeded; Request ID: c160f1f9-bdf7-4780-a3d6-47c32358e2f9; Proxy: proxy)

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply...

it seems to have progressed as I'm getting a provision message now.

Will try again shortly when I get an email from AWS and let you know how it goes.

Your request for accessing resources in this region is being validated, and you will not be able to launch additional resources in this region until the validation is complete. We will notify you by email once your request has been validated. While normally resolved within minutes, please allow up to 4 hours for this process to complete. If the issue still persists, then open a support case. [https://support.console.aws.amazon.com/support/home?region=us-east-1#/case/create?issueType=customer-service&serviceCode=account-management&categoryCode=account-verification] (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 400; Error Code: PendingVerification; Request ID: 49b0da67-243e-41af-b78a-71f0616f9bcd; Proxy: proxy)

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again.

Best regards,

Tsvetina