cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALM: Cloud Connector and Health Monitoring

DiakSima
Explorer

Since the last Release from yesterday (5th April) it is possible to add a SAP Cloud Connector (SCC) to "Health Monitoring".
See "Whats New" section

It is not listed (yet?) in the "Health Monitoing Setup..." section, so no documentation how to add a SCC is available.

Could you please provide some documentation how to add SCC to CALM/Health Monitoring?

Without it is impossible for us to add an endpoint to the manual created System in the Landscape.

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jordy_S
Participant

Hi Dirk,

Also started this setup and if you follow these steps it will work (if you didn't figure it out yourself yet):

1. Use at least a user with the monitoring role if you use LDAP based authentication and otherwise admin access
  2. Add the cloud connector as virtual to internal system mapping. We use a different virtual address compared to the actual. Add resources and at least /api/monitoring + all paths and /exposed + all paths.
  3. In the connection details currently if you use a location ID this will not work (for SCC system is this at the system level and not the connection level in CALM) at least not with cloud connector 2.14.2. It will throw an error 503 that the location ID field as empty doesn't match the cloud connector setup. I removed the location ID for testing purposes for the Cloud ALM subaccount connection and this did the trick

For the rest it is straight forward. Hopefully the location ID issue will be fixed soon.

Kind regards,

Jordy

DiakSima
Explorer

Jordy! YOU MADE MY DAY!
Removing the Location-ID (at the SCC for the CALM Connection) is the solution!

SAP, please decide yourself whether if it's a bug or a feature.
Best regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

the behavior was indeed a bug, and it has been fixed now. You should now be able to set up the monitoring also for an SAP Cloud Connector with a Location ID NE <blank>.

The setup is described in https://support.sap.com/en/alm/sap-cloud-alm/operations/expert-portal/setup-managed-services/setup-c....

Thanks!
Andrea

DiakSima
Explorer

Thank you Andrea,
now it works with Location-ID.

Best regards,

Dirk

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos
Jordy_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tomas,

This was possible prior to the latest release from the 19th of April. Also the notes related to get it deleted doesn't seem to be updated currently. Note mentioned: 3248215

However if you didn't add the Cloud Connector system with the correct ID you can just add another SAP Cloud Connector system and properly set it up. Then it should work. Be informed we ran into an issue that the destination in BTP cockpit side was not properly updating the location ID (we faced HTTP 503 and 403) and after a manual correction this was solved.

Hopefully this information is helpfull. Next time properly better to create your own questions/topic.

Kind regards,

Jordy

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jordy. I opened an OSS and SAP replied that it was a bug which has now been corrected and the systems was able to be removed once they were set to "not configured".

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

a bit of a unrelated question perhaps, but i used the incorrect connectorid and would like to redo my setup, however, both the endpoint and the system delete options are greyed out. I have also inactivated the Health monitoring use case, but the issue remains. Does anyone have a clue on how to remove an SCC that was added manually?

0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

To delete the endpoint the use case in the endpoint has to be "Not Configured". Only setting it to "Inactive" is not enough because you could reactive the monitoring in Health Monitoring, and this would lead to a problem.

Find information on how to delete the Health Monitoring configuration here: https://support.sap.com/en/alm/sap-cloud-alm/operations/expert-portal/health-monitoring/health-monit...

Thanks!
Andrea

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea. I was able to find the option to set "not configured", but even setting the usecase to "not configured" didn't allow the system to be removed. I opened an OSS and SAP replied that it was a bug which has now been corrected and the systems was able to be removed.

Jordy_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk and others,

Just to be complete I encountered another bug in the setup. We have multiple cloud connectors in use and it seems if you have multiple cloud connectors linked with Cloud ALM subaccount (at least with our current version 2.14.2) we encountered a HTTP 403 after we added the additional specific connectivity IP addresses for the Cloud ALM region which can be found here: https://help.sap.com/docs/connectivity/sap-btp-connectivity-cf/prerequisites?locale=en-US. If you use a location ID you get the issue as described in this thread.

Because you cannot save the connection if the connection tests fails I noticed if I rerun the connection test or save actions multiple times it eventually becomes 200 and it can be saved and it works. The error is as shown below:

Hopefully this saves others time to get this working. I noticed if you use two cloud connectors without a location ID with the correct cloud connector ID it is not constantly working. I'm reporting this to SAP to investigate it.

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

interesting! thanks for sharing jschipwerk

Hello Jordy,

Usually, Cloud Connector should give you an error if you connected more than one Cloud Connector without a Location ID or with the same Location ID to the same BTP Subaccount. Without the Location ID, we wouldn't know which Cloud Connector to address if there is more than one.

We have addressed the bug, that was reported earlier. You should now be able to connect multiple Cloud Connectors with different Location IDs to the SAP Cloud ALM BTP subaccount and create endpoints for each of them.

If this is not the case, kindly open a ticket on SV-CLM-INF-LMS and describe the problem.

Thanks!
Andrea

Jordy_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

The cloud connectors have a unique cloud connector ID this should be the unique reference so if you have multiple cloud connectors all with a unique ID this should never be an issue even if the location ID is the same. The bug I reported seems to be fixed at least from the perspective I have with our setup so this is a good improvement.

The configuration is also clear about this with the mandatory fields and later after this question was created documentation is add in the export portal for guidance.

Kind regards,

Jordy

DiakSima
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amo Ntella,

thanks for finding the documentation.
The "unknown" point is the meaning and necessity of "Virtual Host".

The CloudConnetor is already connected to the CALM Sub-Account and as far as I understand "Health Monitoring" does the monitoring of the Cloud Connector. Not from single "virtual Hosts".
Therfore I think this field is obsolete.

Thank you and best regards,

Dirk

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi s_0022992798 I suppose the question is a bit different now .. I will be happy to assist you but pls flag as answered the question if it is already.

The cloud connector is connected to CALM sub-account (for you, mine wasn't..) but CALM shouldn't be able to monitor it bcz the "resource" cloud connector is not exposed CALM sub-account apps

To expose your cloud connector, or any other systems, you need to add itself or any other systems in the mapping of cloud connector aka expose these to cloud apps

The meaning of virtual host/port is the opportunity to mask, for added security, your cloud connector (and systems in general) internal information to, again, CALM sub-account apps

The field is definitely not obsolete and , strangely enough 😉 shows a big understanding of cloud security from SAP developers...

Looking fwd to see another topic of yours 🙂 cheers!A

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi s_0022992798

I'm trying to find out about documentation, stay tuned!

About the endpoint, 3 fields are essential:

- virtual host and port, after connecting your cloud connector to CALM BTP Subaccount, you need to create Virtual Mapping of your cloud connector and deciding virtual host and port (this field must be compiled in format https://<virtual_host>:<virtual_port>)

- user, user that you connect to check cloud connector status

- password, of the above

Let me know if you need furthers as I configured already a connector in health monitoring

cheers!A