Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAP Function Module as webservice

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Our ABAP Team has exposed a SAP Function Module as webservice (Via SOAMANAGER) and provided me the URL. Can someone please let me know how can I call this webservie from SAP PI 7.31 (Dual Stack).

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

Please download WSDL file from your Web Service, import it as an external definition in Repository and use it in your configuration. Then in Directory create a SOAP receiver communication channel, put the URL in it and again use it in your configuration.

Regards,

Andrzej

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All for the answer. I was able to download the WSDL and use in PI successfully. There is an external application (outside out network) which wants to fetch data from SAP so they are sending SOAP message to PI (along with SOAP envelope). Since RFC does not expects SOAP envelope, we decided to use the WSDL of Function Module.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saif,

Its the same way you connect a webservice use SOAP adapter to do this.

Bdw whats the reason for exposing RFC as webservicce to PI , usually objects from ABAP are exposed as webservice only when they try to connect to the target system directly without PI i.e Direct connectivity .PI can directly connect to Function module using RFC adapter ryt.

Br,

Manoj