cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Calculating result as...' was not executed ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone explain me the warning message that i received.

I have a query, and in its definition, three characteristcs are added to the "rows" (Region, District, StoreId) and the option "Display as hierarchy" is selected, expanding to "Region". Region has 4 values (north, south, east, west) So when query is run, it displays 4 nodes.

When i execute the query, this warning message shows up "<b>'Calculating result as...' was not executed</b> ". It calculates the results correctly for the first three nodes and fails to calculate it for the last node. The result displayed for the last node is wrong.

Could you please share your comments on this.

Thanks

Gova

This is the detailed message.

<b>Diagnosis</b>

The function 'Calcualte Results As ...' could not be applied everywhere.

The recalculation of a result cell always takes place based on the amount of detail cells that are subordinate to this cell, that is the detail of this drilldown. For this reason it is not possible to recalculate results in hierarchical lists, that is calculate of a results cell is not performed if a row or column with expansion symbol is subordinate to it. This is because otherwise this newly calculated results would have to change every time a node subordinate to it was expanded. This is not supported for technical reasons and would also confuse the user.

Note however, that calculate as "Suppress Results" is always executed

because the above exception does not apply in this case.

Any answers please. I am known to be generous in assigning points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member210571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gova,

It seems that you have got the solution on how to resolve this issue. Can you please share it with me as I am also facing the same issue.

Thanx in advance

Mirza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gova,

Did you got any solution to this problem....Please let me know....I too got the same problem

Thanks

Su Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no solution...it's impossible to change the result row behavior when using hierarchies...it's just inherent to the way BW handles hierarchies...if you want to display the results row in a unique way and display your characteristics hierarchically the closest option would be to make navigational attributes for the nodes and then add them as characteristics...

0 Kudos

Did you ever receive any further information on this topic? I am receiving the exact error you received and I know this was possible in BW 3.2. My customers have been using this report now for months. I would like to know how to activate this same reporting in BW 3.5

Thanks so much!

Kristie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem, If you find some answer, please post it here.

Thanks

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

No..I didn't find an answer...I contacted SAp and they got back to me to refer some notes on that...They say that it's the expected behavior although I was not satisfied with their answer...

Thanks

Gova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Calculate result as... doesn't work with display hierarchies. When you use a display hierarchy (either an external one or by choosing the display as hierarchy option) you cannot use this option. The only option is to use an exception aggregation in the key figure but this may lead to other problems and unexpected results.

Best regards

Dirk