cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects BI 42 Upgrade - SP08 or SP09?

prateekgs1985n
Explorer
0 Kudos

We want to upgrade from BI 42 SP06 to BI42 SP08/SP09. Reason for upgrade is to be able to use MS SQL Server 2019 and Oracle 2019 as reporting database.

My question is should we upgrade to SP08 or SP09? Since there are no new features introduced after SP07 why is SP09 released? From what I have read Explorer and Xcelsius won't be available from SP09 onwards. Other than some products being deprecated in SP09 what are other differences between SP08 and SP09? Our goal is upgrade to a stable version. Thanks in advance !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor

Bug fixes, security fixes, removal of products that rely on third party products no longer valid - those are main differences.
You can also review what's new document on SAP Analytics - SAP Help Portal

prateekgs1985n
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
prateekgs1985n
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing. This does not answer my question. What are key differences between SP08 and SP09?

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

If you want to know the key difference you need to go through the documentations . Ideally whenever new release is happening it will come up with the lots of bugs fixed and provide more stability to the products it can be anything related to security fixes vulnerabilities issues new DB support and new application and OS certifications etc .

If you are looking for something particular features in SP9 you can let us know will check and update you on that .

we always recommend to customer use latest release of the products because it have more feature and it have lots of customer and internal fixes for that particular releases .

Hope i have answer your query if anything else you looking for you can let us know .

In your case you are asking about SP8 or SP9 . In SP08 also we have release lots of patches you can move to the latest patch as well base upon on your requirement .

Regards,

Sahil

prateekgs1985n
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sahil. We have seen in the past upon upgrade things do not work as expected and then we end up applying more patches to get to a stable state. I want to find out if we have to upgrade - should we upgrade to SP08 latest patch or SP09 latest patch?

I checked what's new document on SAP portal and all it mentions about SP09 is - "This release was focused on bug fixes and performance improvements". This does not help much. Below are other questions I have -

1. Are there any known issues/bugs on SP09 Patch 100? It would be good to know in advance if we plan to upgrade to this version

2. Will there be more patches for SP09? Currently anything being developed and when it would be released

3. Is there any document which talks about products/features that are no longer supported in SP09

Thanks,

Prateek