Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Process Automation - SAP GUI Embedded HTML element

dvalasek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam working on automation of a custom transaction in SAP GUI version 800 32bit using SAP Build Process Automation, and I encountered an issue I need help with

This transaction has an embedded HTML element that I need to be able to retrieve the content of. All other elements I need I managed to declare with no issues but not sure about an approach to extract the content of this one. (Please see images in the attachments to see what the transaction actually looks like and an image when trying to capture this screen - it's blank) . Element class of this element is GUI HTML Viewer (is inside of GUI Container Shell which is then inside of  GUI Custom Control)

I tried all sorts of activites available in BPA to try and extract the content but was unable to do so. Any advice with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor

Hello @dvalasek,

you can find a solution here at the SAP Community how to read the content of an HTMLViewer object.

Today I tried this approach with SAP GUI for Windows 8.00 PL 8 x64 and it works with Internet Explorer Browser control, but not with Edge. It seems that Edge still not support this kind of access to the content of an HTML control. But on this way you can read the content of an HTML control.

Best regards
Stefan

dvalasek
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you very much for your answer! Will try this out soon. Thank you, thank you 🙂

Answers (0)