cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTools Segmentation fault for SAP Oracle

former_member741604
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Brrestore failing with SAP on Oracle setup (with SAP classic user installation). Backups are working fine when verified with 3rd party backup tool as well. Brtools seems to be throwing an error, can someone take a look and help?

brtools Version: 7.40 (44)

Command: brrestore -d rman_util -b last -m 0 -p initORA.sap -r initORA.utl -u / -c force -TRC 15
BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2021-04-16 11:29:04

BR0230I Backup utility called successfully
BR0249I BR_TRACE: level 1, function BrUtilCall exit with 0
BR0248I BR_TRACE: level 1, function BrStopCheck entry with 0
BR0248I BR_TRACE: level 2, function BrFileStatGet entry with '/oracle/ORA/sapbackup/.stopb.brr'
BR0250I BR_TRACE: level 2, function BrFileStatGet exit with 'FILE_NULL'
BR0249I BR_TRACE: level 1, function BrStopCheck exit with -3
BR0248I BR_TRACE: level 1, function BrNameBuild entry with '1 /oracle/ORA/origlogA/log_g11m1.dbf NULL'
Segmentation fault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

philipp_borowy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

former_member741604
Discoverer
0 Kudos

brrestore-log.txt
You can find the complete log attached here, Brrestore is abruptly stopping with segmentation fault.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Looks like you already reached SAP support for this issue?
It looks brtools bug, maybe you can stay old version or try latest version 7.40 patch level 45.

former_member741604
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, we have reached out to SAP support already but was hoping for any other insights if available in the community. Also, we have upgraded to latest 7.40 patch level 45 but can see the same segmentation fault issue persisting.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok, I can only say this should be a bug... maybe need to push SAP support to solve this issue ASAP.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you attach complete trace? The pasted log message doesn't contain any error description....