cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****BO 4.3 - How to get continuous page number to all multiple pages****

rohitsapbi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried with the below option but it still have the manual interventions. Whenever, i download the webi report in pdf for all tabs it gives different numbers for each section but not as continuing way.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/05/27/continuous-page-numbering-in-multi-tab-webi-document/

I need the pages should continue from tab 1 to end.

This is my query

Tab 1=10 pages. Tab 2=2 pages.`` Tab 3=3 pages

This is what I want

Tab 1=10 pages. Tab 2=12 pages.`` Tab 3=15 pages

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you put whatever you have on each tab on just one tab? Then your page numbers would work as you are describing.

Give that a try and reply if that works. If not, please state why not and perhaps someone here will suggest a way around that issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can most certainly put all of the data on one tab and still get separate page numbers.

To show how I created a basic query based on the eFashion universe...

That gives me the following table...

Next, I created two more copies of that table and then filter each one of them to just one year. So now I have this...

The additional tables could be anything; they don't need to be just variations of the same table as I have here in my example.

Now you need to check the "Start on a new page" check box within the properties all of your tables except for the first one.

Export to a PDF and there you have it.

If your tables are all based on the same data with the only difference being a simple filter then there is another way as you might suspect given the presence of the "Break" report tab.

Instead of creating multiple copies of the table and adding a filter for the Year on each one all you need to do is add a Break on Year. You can experimentally adjust the Display properties of the Break to get it too look how you require, but the key for your purpose is to check the "Start on a new page" property.

Does that work for you? If not, why not?

Noel

rohitsapbi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi noel.scheaffer , Thank you for you valuable time and for this work around, however, i cant use this because i have a data which have different section and these section have different headers name, which i cant apply to one page as single BO page accept only 1 header for the remainder page of it and that is the reason i had to switch to mutiple tabs.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say "section" are you using that term generically or specifically as a Web Intelligence concept (shown below)?

rohitsapbi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi noel.scheaffer, There is nothing related to section stuff on my report and thank you so much for the above steps, however i cant apply as 1, there is lots of data i have to represent.2 the information i have required to be placed on different tabs as i need to update the header and footer individually which i cant apply on one tab of the report because it will be the same through out the page. Hence need that split via tab wise. and that is the reason when i download the report in pdf format for all tab, BO calculate the page number tab wise as below

This is my query

Tab 1=10 pages. Tab 2=2 pages.`` Tab 3=3 pages

But i want after downloading the report show as below, which i the difficult part and i am not able to find it.

This is what I want

Tab 1=10 pages. Tab 2=12 pages.`` Tab 3=15 pages

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way you hare going to get continuous page number with current functionality is if all of you tables are on the same report tab. You could add two extra header rows and two extra footer rows to each of your tables with the inner extra rows being blank. Then have them repeat on every page. Also check the "Start on a new page" check box for every table except your first.

Here is what is looks like exported to a PDF...

I think that is the best I can do.

Noel

rohitsapbi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi noel.scheaffer, I cant do that to have all the detail in same page, to avoid that i have these details in different tabs. So I do not find the solution for this if i have multiple tabs how to show continues page number across.