Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate IDOC_AAE Metadata monitor

tomvanrooijen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Due to a few incidents with idoc metadata not being up to date we would like to have some sort of alerting when metadata has been changed.

As far as I know the only place to see and work with metadata is the idoc metadata monitor. But this requires a manual action to see the data and do something about it.

So I was wondering if there is a possibility to retrieve the metadata with an API or webservice call so that the monitoring can be automated.

I haven't found anything in this respect, it only seems to work via the webdynpro application. It seems to work with this link, but alas it only works in the metadata monitor application itself.

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/FloorPlanApp?applicatio...

Does anyone know of way to retrieve metadata status programmatically or via API?

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom ,

As far as i know there us no such API/Job to update metadata automaticallly , it has to be done manually.

Thanks,

Manoj

tomvanrooijen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for you answer.

I do not need a function to update the metadata automatically though but I would like to have a function to check the validity of the metadata at any given moment.

Regards

Tom