cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching a note from PA30 transaction in the workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a workflow which gets triggered when a record for infotype 0267 is created in pa30.

Initially when the record got created a work item appeared in the approvers inbox and he could either approve or reject it.

Now the requirement is that the user shoud be able to attach a note when he creates the record in PA30.

The approver who receives the workitem should be able to view this note also.

I have no clue regarding how this can be done. Please help me out.

Regards

Shraddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is this approval for? is it to decide whether infotype 0267 can be created or not? what happens if approver rejects it.

It looks like, you are sending for approval after infotype record is created, rather it should be in otherway round, first get the approvals and once it is approved then create the infotype record.

However if your approval is for somethine else and need to be done after the infotype record is created, to achive your objective you can do below

1. While creating infotype record in PA30, in 'Services for Object' you can create an attachment.

2. In your workflow, in the workitem that goes to approver send PREL Object with correct key either as AdhocObject. In runtime, this will give a link in the workitem. So, approver when he clicks on this, he/she can go to PA20 of this record. Then he has to check any attachments available and can take his decision based on that.

another approach:

1. Using Assign Fascimile functionality in PA30 also we can add attachments to infotype records. You can find this option under 'Extras -> Assign Fascimile'

2. However to use this, first you need to decide which document type to be used, check in OAC3 to find associated doctypes for Object PREL. based on this you can choose the correct document types.

Hope this helps you !!

Regards

Krishna Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Mohan,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using empoyeei object in my workflow.

When a record gets created for infotype 0267 the workflow gets triggered.

A workitem appears in the approvers inbox.

The approver double clicks on the workitem and a decision screen is displayed.

Using objects and attachments he can view the record.

I tried to attach a note while creating record but I am not able to view that note.

As per your suggestion I need to use object PREL.

How should I go about it?

Do I need to create a container element of type PREL object or it should be a different apprach.

Thanks and Regards

Shraddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say >>Using objects and attachments he can view the record>>. I guess you are shown PA20 screen there. So, when approver gets this screen he has to again go to 'Services for Object' -> 'Attachments' to view the note

If you had done your note creation using 'Assign Facsimile' use Extras ->Display All Facsimile option.

by the way, what is this approval for? I still have my question, what happens if approver rejects?

Good Luck !!

Regards

Krishna Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Mohan,

You are right, using objects and attachments PA20 screen can be seen but I am not getting the icon for Services for Objects hence I am not able to view that not.

Actually when the record gets created through the workflow we lock it.

Then it goes for approval. If approved it gets unlocked and can be picked up for offcycle check printing.

If rejected it goes to the initiator who modifies it and resubmit it for approval.

My question is why I am I not getting Services For Objects icon?

Regards

Shraddha